My Schecter is dying!

The screws which hold the strap buttons on keep falling out of the holes they should be in, as if the holes have got bigger. I'm not much of a wood/DIY/whatever expert, so does anyone know any ways I can stop this happening?

Please help!
This is a sig...
the wood has been worn so instead of having a thread its just straight wood, re drill the hole and apply a couple of mm bigger screw ORR, fill the hole with filler (cant think of what its called) then redrill the hole the put the screw back in
Matchsticks. Ram them in the holes, sorted.

Note: Remove the bit that lights on fire, or keep it on and it will look mega on stage.
Straplocks, maybe? <- Should have gotten these when you first got your guitar. =]
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
The correct way would be with a strong wood filler in the holes and re-drill after the full drying period. An even stronger result can be gained by using epoxy resin instead.
Or you could do what I did on my Yammy and use a bigger screw. (not advised long term)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

super glue

worked for me
until i have an idea NO SIG!
Gear:
Schecter c-1 Hellraiser
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Fender frontman 25r
Korg AX10G
Digitech Grunge
some old zoom muli effect

yes im a lefty
Dowel the holes and redrill.

Easier still, let a tech do it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The quickest, simplest fix is to stick say 1/4 of a toothpick in there and then screw back in. I did that about a year ago and have had no slippage. You can try wood glue too but that is a more permanent solution. Or, you could fill the hole with wood puddy and dowl and re-drill. Strap Locks are good too.

PS: Your guitar is not dying. Try the Search Bar next time. There are 100,000 threads on this topic already.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by oneblackened
Dowel the holes and redrill.

+1 this is the most sound fix. Buy a piece of dowel just big enough to slide into the hole where the strap pin screws in. Glue it in with some wood glue, let it dry, and re drill your holes. $5 fix. You will have to cut/sand off the piece of dowel sticking out of the hole so that it is flush with the guitar. You can use a permanent marker to color the new wood to match the finish of your guitar.
Thanks for all the replies guys!

I've used matchsticks for now and it seems to be holding really well, but I'll look at getting some wood filler for more of a long term fix.

I already have strap locks, used them since the beginning, this is just the screws coming loose.

Sorry, I usually do search, don't know why I didn't this time >.<

I know it isn't actually dying, maybe your sarcasm-o-meter is broken?

Anyway, thanks for the quick replies guys
This is a sig...
I got a tech to do mine on an old guitar, he re-drilled it, and put in a different sized screw and some other shizzle
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination