Hola,

I'm 45 years old, and been playing for 30 ish years. Big fan of all types of music, but especially into metal.

I've been a Les Paul player for many years, and use a DSL 100 with 4 x 12 1960 for ampage.

I have always had a hankerin' for a shred guitar with a Floyd Rose. Love the looks of the Dean Dimebag series and the Jackson RR's as well as the ESP Alexi models.

(big fan of Dime, RR and COB)

I've been reading reviews on HC, but am looking for you alll's opinions. I have never had a guitar (other than Strats) with a wang arm before, and I do realize the set-up issues involved, but I still want one.

Also really into the alternative shapes (i.e. Dimebag ML, RR's V, etc...) but would consider a Jackson Dinky style as well.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I would really love some imput from all of you. I'd like to not mo much over a grand in price if possible (i.e. I wouldn't go for a Dean USA model for $ 4,000).

I appreciate your imput.

Later
ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000
Seriously, look for it somewhere, it costs somewhere between 900 and a grand ( US dollars )

Edit: does it have to be a original Floyd?
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Aug 19, 2009,
I have an Jackson RR3 its great seymour duncans what more would you want...
but only consider getting one if you can get used to the shape sitting down cus it can be a pain sometimes
This is a MotherFxcking Invatation
Look for used Charvels dude.
Best superstrats out there IMO.

Charvel superstrats > Ibanez, ESP, BC.Rich

IMO, It's all taste though.
i'd just suggest to go down to your local music shop with the shred guitars you're considering, and to try out all of them (in your price range) and pick the one that suits your needs
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Honestly for some shred what about an Ibanez? Im normally against them but it seems like it would suit your needs perfectly. They are too tinny and thin for me but they are shred machines. I like more of a mahogany body for those deep lows, but hell i guess im more of a rhythm player.

I wasn't tooo impressed with my LTD EC-1000, If I were you, and you could shell out a LITTLE bit more money. I'd get a Jackson Soloist. It comes with an original flyod rose and they are absolute beasts!
Quote by SloppyJoseph

I wasn't tooo impressed with my LTD EC-1000, If I were you, and you could shell out a LITTLE bit more money. I'd get a Jackson Soloist. It comes with an original flyod rose and they are absolute beasts!

He's right, the Soloist is a beast. If you could find a used SL1, go for it, it's awesome.
Look for some old Kramers from the '80s as well, IMO nothing screams shred more than an old single bridge pup Kramer.
Jackson Demmelition, as said before, or a Rhoads or a King V.

And then there are all of ESP's and Ibanez' models.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks for the info guys.....

Lot's of love for Jackson's in here. ALso interesting that there is no love for Dean.

It does not have to be an original FR
well i thought that the razorback was the more obvious choice so i tried to think of something different
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Honestly for some shred what about an Ibanez? Im normally against them but it seems like it would suit your needs perfectly. They are too tinny and thin for me but they are shred machines. I like more of a mahogany body for those deep lows, but hell i guess im more of a rhythm player.

You say that like there is no such thing as a mahogany body ibanez lol.

For me, a shred machine is an Ibanez RG.

Maybe a used prestige?

550,560,565,570.750,770 models come to mind, but you have a pretty nice budget.

Try some out and see what you like.
IMO, all the big names are just as good as the other. The main diff is neck profile so play everything you can get ahold of and pay particular attention to neck comfort and resonance. I wanted a MH-1000 really bad but when I played one, my sausage sized fingers were too crowded towards the nut...I was heartbroken and returned to Ibby.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Ibanez JEM or a JS series, what I can recommend.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.