TAKAMINE EG523SC, ART & LUTHERIE CUTAWAY Q1 ANTIQUE BURST or DOBRO HOUND DOG DELUXE ROUND NECK. I can't decide. Anyone any idea which is the best? (I included a resonator because I love the sound)
While I have an Art&Lutherie Dreadnaught Antique Cedar Burst and love the way it sounds and plays. Art and Lutherie is supposed to be a great company. What kind of songs./music are gonna play (folk/rock/country)\?
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I'm a Folk singer so folk music. So it's for rhythm but I want something warm and intense. You know to draw you in.
Have you played any of them? An Art & Lutherie and Takamine have completely different feels to them. The A&L has (going off of my knowledge of other Godin brands) a D-shaped neck with a satin finish, and a Takamine has a C-shaped neck with a gloss finish. The Tak has a thinner, skinnier neck as well. I'd consider the feel roughly the same as a Tele neck. A Godin brand guitar will have a neck that feels like a baseball bat, similar to that of a Les Paul, but with a much more pronounced D feel. They will also sound very different as well.

Just go try them and see what you think
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Well, if you love the sound of a resonator, maybe you should look at some different resonators then? I'd tell you of some resonators in that price range, but I don't know anything about resonators...but that's my thoughts on this.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Ihave played the A&L and been honestly amazed but I love the quality of the sitka spruce of the takamine. I don't know how the electronics measure up though.