Do any of you have days where your hands just don't want to move at all, and no matter how many warmups you do, you still can't get up to playing at your normal skill level? Are there any methods for loosening up even more/getting more movement back, or do you all just recommend more warmups?
Only thing I have are days where I am more creative. And I only can't move my hands correctly for 1 hour when I wake up in the morning but that's it.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
when this happens to me, i just learn a song with a slow melody.

last time it happened i learnt "shape of my heart" by sting.

i think that was the name of it, i seen it in a guitar mag and thought it sounded pretty good.
I get it n cold days and stuff, but play through a few songs and I'm alright again.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
I sometimes get days where I just don't feel like playing, but if I just start to play for like 10 mins I will really get into it and everything's fine again.

I used to sometimes get days where my fingers just sucked, but that seemed to go away with me getting a bit more experienced. I don't get that much anymore.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Yeah sometimes my fingers just can't move very well, but usually if I put the guitar down for an hour and come back I'm fine.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I think we all get that every now and again. I just do some basic chords songs, then more advanced chord songs, then my usual warm up and i'm fit to fight again
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
I got it when I was learning the solo in Open Your Eyes by Alter Bridge. It lasted for weeks or maybe even a month and I pretty much had to stop playing for a while, then slowly increase the amount I played whilst keeping away from playing fast.
Quote by myearshurt
Yes, I just wait until about midnight then I literally can't put my guitar down

So true. Music always feels best late at night. We had a band practice at 1am last week and it was so tight
/irrelevant
I hate my sig
That usually only happens to me when I try to play early in the morning.
Which I'm sure my neighbors love.
on freaken cold days and my house doesnt have a heater so i just stick my hands in my armpits and then im good to go