I was browsing on musicians friend and saw this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106

as someone who has always looked at the 6505+ with envy, but can't necessarily afford the 120 watt half stack, this definitely caught my eye. I'm a bedroom player so 60 watts is all I need.

Does anybody have any more info about this product, which apparently isn't out yet. Because it's only $600 it makes me wonder if it is too good to be true

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
The only part that makes it too good to be true is that it's taking so farking long to come out.

Other than that, yes, it's legit.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The search nazi's will flame you for this.

This amp WILL BE LOUD!!! Something like only 3 decibels less than the 120w head. So, if 120w is too much, 60 will probably be too.
That being said, you'll probably be able to get a decent tone out of it at lower volumes (shouting level).... but bedroom levels.... imo, not so much.
You might want to try it out first. I have a 6505 212 and i just got another cheaper tube amp and it's WAY better than my 6505. Actually im not even a big fan of it at all. Way too harsh and tinny.
^ Something is wrong, or you just got the wrong amp for your style.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
You might want to try it out first. I have a 6505 212 and i just got another cheaper tube amp and it's WAY better than my 6505. Actually im not even a big fan of it at all. Way too harsh and tinny.

Back off the mids some. It's a very middy amp that is meant to be scooped.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I heard that some of the parts are cheaper and made in China, but I could be wrong....please someone tell me I'm wrong? Also, it could probably kick some major ass with a nice speaker change.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I heard that some of the parts are cheaper and made in China, but I could be wrong....please someone tell me I'm wrong? Also, it could probably kick some major ass with a nice speaker change.

It is being manufactured in China.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
That's what I thought I heard Greg. Thanks. I'm sure that it will still be a great "budget" amp for the br00talz.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
That's what I thought I heard Greg. Thanks. I'm sure that it will still be a great "budget" amp for the br00talz.

Totally agree. Also plus one on the speaker swap, that's pretty much a given with amps in that range.
^ That's pretty much a given with Peavey amps period.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I was thinking maybe a G12K-100 would fit nicely in there, but I am a fan of the Classic Lead (and its clones, like my Mesa Black Shadow) myself.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals