Hi Guys,

Iv just recently get my hands on a Tremoverb combo and its awesome except for one thing, the parallel loop.

Im using my G-Major in the loop and I'm having lots of headaches... I mean fun trying to get the levels right on both the amps send and mix and the input and output on the G-Major.

I know I can just set the mix to 100% and get a fully effected sound but its a tone that's been altered by the tube loop circuit and therefore sounds very different to the sound I get from the amp with out the loop active. This tone isn't bad per say but its not what I dialled in. Also 100% is not 100% as If I kill the output of the g-major I still get the raw sound, just not too loud.

Iv tried setting the send levels practically everywhere and so far I'm getting some results by having the send at about 9o'clock and then the mix at about 90% which mixes the raw with the effected signal.

This works to an extent, the delays and reverbs sound great if increase the mix levels past 70% but the mod effects just don't sound as thick and full as when in a serial loop even at 100% mix. Also the amps volume is generally very quiet at this setting, fine for the bedroom but when I start gigging it wont be adequate at all if I want an effected sound.

I hear you all saying if you want it louder just increase the send volume. The second I do I have to increase the output of the gmajor to keep the effected levels the same as the raw levels and all that happens is the Gmajor clips and I get a huge cracking sound which cant be good for the Gmajor or the power amp.

I know that the Gmajor has a kill dry function so that it outputs only effects but then all mod effects are lost. I also like the sound of mixing the two signals, it gives a nice hint of that quacky wah half open sound which Mesa leads are famous for.

Its a quandary of epic proportions for me.

So UG, what do you know?
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Bump.

Any help here would be hot!
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

TC electronics suggests using a line mixer of sorts between the amp and the G-Major. I do not know how.
I hope this helps, even though I think you already know this

Quote by G-Major Manual

Kill Dry
Range: On/Off
We always recommend using the G•Major in a serial setup or loop as this will give you maximum benefit of all effect and features. However, when used in a parallel setup/loop the Kill Dry function comes in handy. With Kill Dry activated, no direct signal will be passed to the Outputs. A few comments regarding the Kill Dry function and a parallel setup.
First of all:
• In such a setup we recommend using the parallel routing.
• Note that the “Mix” parameter changes to “Wet” in all algorithms when Kill Dry is set to “On”.

Secondly, you should be aware that the idea of a parallel loop can be compared to the signal path of a mixer. The signal is split, - one part runs unprocessed to out and never passes the effects processor. The other part is processed through the G•Major and summed with the unprocessed signal. Therefore you will not get full benefit from all effects when running a parallel setup. This goes especially for level based effects such as Tremolo and Panner but also Chorus/Flanger/ Phaser/Vibrato and Pitch will be affected.
Well then, its just as I thought..

Time for a new chorus pedal UG!

Im after a real studio quality unit to put infront of my amp. All that springs to mind is the Nova Modulator by TC and the Modfactor by eventide.

Suggestions?
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

I think i just may chuck my rig in the car and have a drive to Digital Village in Essex and try some out, they stock both pedals and then some so I should find something I dig.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor