I want to buy my first electric guitar and I'm interested in the Cort g-260 and the Pacifica 112V. Which guitar is better?

PAC112V: http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=5015497&CTID=600003

Cort g-260: http://www.cortguitars.com/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=118

The G-260 is 272€ and the Pacifica is 220€.

I'm open to suggestions but the guitar should be about 225/300€.

I want a versatile guitar because I like different styles and groups like Metallica, In Flames, Offspring, Oasis, Nirvana...

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my english.
Last edited by Sundin at Sep 1, 2009,
The Cort! Definintely. It's much more impressively kitted out. Duncan Designed pickup and coil tap to make the humbucker sound like a single coil. Wilkinson trem just adds to the joy! Very versatile. Haven't played it, but I've bought an expensive Pacifica and it was nothing but hassle.
I currently own a cort g280 i think. and I have played a pacifica guitar before. Even though both are great budget guitars, I would go with the cort because of the little things like what the nut is made of and the better wilk bridge (its actually really stable). Another thing I dont like about the yamaha is the alder body, its really damn heavy. Even the tuners on the Cort are that much better. The fret board radius of the pacifica would be prefered for shredding because its just a bit bigger than the Cort's but thats all personal preference. The single coils on the cort are actually pretty nice. However, on my cort, the humbucker was kinda weak. Hope that helps.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Thanks for the answers.

I thinked the Cort was slightly better and the answers confirm that .

What do you think about the pickups? I know in cheaper guitars aren't very good but for a beginner are OK? As kill-the-scene has said, they are Duncan Designed but i don't know if It's good or bad.

Other question I have it's about the bridge. I want something easy to change the strings and stuff like that. The Wilkinson is normal, isn't it? I've read about floating bridges like Floyd and I think I prefer the easy one for my first guitar.

Thanks.

Edit: If someone has a suggestion about another guitar it wil be welcome! I've read about Schecter Omen and others Cort like M520 but I think they are a bit more expensive and I don't know if it's the worth the extra money.
Last edited by Sundin at Aug 19, 2009,
Neither the Cort nor the Yamaha has a double locking bridge.trem system so you are fine with either. The Cort pickups would be a bit better than the Yamaha and also, no-one mentioned that the Cort's shape allows better upper fret access. My alternative suggestion would be a Cort X-2. You lose some of the single coil sounds but gain the neck humbucker's rich tones.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Neither the Cort nor the Yamaha has a double locking bridge.trem system so you are fine with either. The Cort pickups would be a bit better than the Yamaha and also, no-one mentioned that the Cort's shape allows better upper fret access. My alternative suggestion would be a Cort X-2. You lose some of the single coil sounds but gain the neck humbucker's rich tones.

The Cort X-2 is very cheap, only 160€. It's a lot difference between the other Cort and that, isn' it?

Thanks for the answer , by the way .
Quote by Sundin
The Cort X-2 is very cheap, only 160€. It's a lot difference between the other Cort and that, isn' it?

Thanks for the answer , by the way .

I have a Cort X-6, the only difference about the X-2 is the pups, and i can tell you, its a godly guitar for its price, the neck is the best i haev ever played in, and also it has belly and arm scallop cuts, for better resting
Quote by Baraga
I have a Cort X-6, the only difference about the X-2 is the pups, and i can tell you, its a godly guitar for its price, the neck is the best i haev ever played in, and also it has belly and arm scallop cuts, for better resting

What kind of bridge have the X-6? I'm interested in guitars without Floyd Rose (I don't know the name of the bridge).
Quote by Sundin
What kind of bridge have the X-6? I'm interested in guitars without Floyd Rose (I don't know the name of the bridge).

It has a floating tremolo bridge, like a floyd rose
Quote by Baraga
It has a floating tremolo bridge, like a floyd rose

I'd prefer a non floating tremolo so I think the X-6 is not for me .

I think I buy the G260 but I have another question:

What amp should I buy? I' m interested in three (again, if someone has a suggestion it'll be welcome). They are Line 6 Spider III, Peavey Vypyr 15 and Roland Microcube, all around 90€.
the Vypyr or Roland Microcube are both good.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
I have one new question. My budget is a bit more limited now and I've been looking cheaper guitars and I've found the Cort G-250. It's cheaper than the Cort G-260 but I don't know if it's too cheap, and if it's worth to pay 70€ more and buy the G-260.

The differences are the G-250 have the basswood body and the G-260 have the swamp ash body, they have different nuts and the G-250 pickups are MMS/MMS/MMHG and the G-260 are Duncan Designed SC101-SC101-HB102B.

And I like more the G-250 colour than the G-260 but I want the best guitar possible so that's not a problem.

Ah, I asked before about the G-260/ Pacifica 112V comparation and the G-260 is slightly better, but what about the G-250. Is still better the Cort than the Pacifica?

Thanks for the answers

Quote by aiur55
the Vypyr or Roland Microcube are both good.

Ok thanks for the answer . I think I'll buy one of those, probably the cheaper .

PS: Again, sorry for my english.

PS2: I can't edit the thread title, I don't know why .
Last edited by Sundin at Sep 1, 2009,