I just bought a used GK Backline Head and 4x12 cab. It was in the basement for 2 years, so it is very dusty. It plays well, but what is the best way to clean the dust off of the cones of the speakers. Thanks for your help
compressed air might be a little stong for the cones. i suggest using your breath and blowing the dust off of it. oooorrrrrrr use a vacuum but dont actualy touch anything directly just hover above it. or you could just play really loud and maybe the dust will come off.
If you have (or can borrow), a vacuum with a hose attachment; use it thus.

Attach the soft bristle 'duster' brush to the hose, open the little port on the elbow (to lose most of the vacuum suction), and clean very gently, radially, from the centre outwards. At least that's how I tackle this kind of job.

If in any doubt at all - DON'T DO IT! These fibre cones are only rigid in one direction, and it's surprisingly easy to abrade them. Then you're in trouble.

Or if it's a smooth finished cone, how about trying a lint roller? It shouldn't pick up anything other than dust, but again, be very careful.

Having said all that, I doubt some dust would harm sound quality any.
Thanks for all the suggestions. By the way, delirium, as smart as you are, surely you could find a better role model than Dr Phil. Maybe that should be a new thread. Thanks
Quote by Delicious Bass
Thanks for all the suggestions. By the way, delirium, as smart as you are, surely you could find a better role model than Dr Phil. Maybe that should be a new thread. Thanks

If you actually think he's a riole model, maybe you should get a real doctor to check your head.
Get some of that eh fancy speaker cream, gets them eh running smoothly for eh 20 squids. Email me and ill send you some out. Eh
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by MikeSeaCaptain
compressed air might be a little stong for the cones. i suggest using your breath and blowing the dust off of it. oooorrrrrrr use a vacuum but dont actualy touch anything directly just hover above it. or you could just play really loud and maybe the dust will come off.
Should be ok on bass cones; don't get too close and aim at an angle, also a damp Not wet cloth will remove stubborn bits but delicate action is the order of the day and make sure that all/any damp areas are completely dry before thumping bass through the speakers.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn