Page 2 of 2
If you are suffering from ice pick highs, try some "ghetto" beam-blockers. Tape, or velcro a couple of CD's to the grill cloth - centered on each speaker cone.

...or face the amp towards the wall and crank it.
Quote by pmeg568c
The 5150 is also known for jumbling the sound because its a high gain amp that is made for metal heads who like to hide their mistakes.

no, it was made for eddy van halen to hide his mistakes.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
in all reality you want more a mesa tone. You also said why not just get the triple rec.

why **** around? just get what you want. the 5150 ain't gonna sound like a mesa which is the tone you really like/want/whatever
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by JLT73
in all reality you want more a mesa tone. You also said why not just get the triple rec.

why **** around? just get what you want. the 5150 ain't gonna sound like a mesa which is the tone you really like/want/whatever

Cause i've never owned a mesa and im not sure exactly what I want. Im trying to make good with what I have. But i guess if I sold both amps and my gibson I could get a Mesa.
The 6505 is just not an easy amp to work with, period. It doesn't mean it doesnt have the capability of sounding good. Just means you have to work a little harder to get there. Amps like Marshalls are so popular because it's easy to get a good tone and dynamics from them, so easy, some of them practically play the damn guitar for you. The 6505 is like Unix...plenty useful, just not very easy.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Page 2 of 2