Hi guys, my guitar is fairly new and I was changing the strings and after I changed them I realised my A and low E strings were given off lots of fret buzz. So I heightened the saddles using an allen key and it hasn't really done much affect, the low E is worse than the A however they're just really annoying, I can play it but it is just that annoyance. I have taken 2 pictures of the bridge to see if anyone can help me. Am I adjusting them incorrectly? The buzz is on all frets however, all the other strings are fine.

Have you checked if the neck is okay? I mean by like putting a capo on the first fret, holding down the last fret on the high E, and seen if there's enough room for a credit card to slide in?

That might be the reason.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
looking at the 2nd pic raise th low E a bit more and post a pic of the side of the vid and of the neck looking down from the headstock (focusing on the edge of the low side, but include both edges).

also when ajusting the action you need to turn everything by the same amout to maintain the radius....

and always turn to a maximum of a 1/4 turn

lastly clean off the dead skin (sorry just find it irritating when peeps don`t do this then ask why the metalware is corroding `cos the gunk and grime has built up)
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 19, 2009,
Here are the other pics, I feel like the action on the EBGD strings are fine but the action on the A and low E are too high yet they still buzz!?

at fret 12
at first fret
you don;t need all those pics.

just fret the first string at the first fret, and at the last, where the neck and body meet, and see if you have any room at the middle gap.

like if a credit card fits in that gap, like said.

if not post back you might need to adjust the neck, especially if you took all the strings off at once. or changed gauge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok, i done that and there is only about a 1mm gap, a credit card can't fit through it. I had to take all of the strings off to fully clean the fretboard.
Last edited by livnew at Aug 19, 2009,
well you can use a little more gap if you want.

the hope is that, you create more neck bend and as a result will be able to lower your saddles a little.

anyway, you can turn 1/4 Counter clockwise.
dont force the turn and let it settle in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
well you can use a little more gap if you want.

the hope is that, you create more neck bend and as a result will be able to lower your saddles a little.

anyway, you can turn 1/4 Counter clockwise.
dont force the turn and let it settle in tune.

you talking about the truss rod here? because how do I get the cover off if I have strings over it because I don't really wanna waste the strings... :L
yes the truss rod. you can loosen DONT take off a couple of the middle strings, and move then to get to the rod.

follow the instructions, and then make sure you tune up to let it settle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Ok thanks for all your help, so I detune, take off cover, turn truss rod 1/4 turn counter clockwise so it is like from 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock. Then I tune back up and leave it to settle in. Then I can lower the saddles? But the truss rod shouldn't be used to adjust action...
Last edited by livnew at Aug 19, 2009,
yep, then hopefully you'll be able to lower the saddles a little.

it might take a couple hours for the neck to settle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Ok thanks, i'm just a bit cautious cuz I don't want to **** up my truss rod/guitar. lol.
well yeah, it's up to you.

it's one of those things we all go thru eventually.

of course bringing it in for a setup is always an option.

you didnt change gauges too did you?
like the buzz isnt coming from the nut cuts right?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62