Okay so, I need a lyre for my trumpet. I used one in highschool but barely, I usually memorized the music. But now one is required for my marching band and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between a: 1 inch bend, 2 inch bend, 4 inch straight. (I need a new one since I lost my old one and I don't know what the old one was.)

Here's a link. My problem is they use the same generic image for all their lyres on the site so I can't tell what the differences are.
http://www.rettigmusic.com/store/page6-ss2.html
We often feel sad in the presence of music without words; and often more than that in the presence of music without music -M. Twain
Quote by JackalUK

I find your choice of thread today amusing

We often feel sad in the presence of music without words; and often more than that in the presence of music without music -M. Twain
why dont you do what i do? We're supposed to use lyres, but my trumpet cant really have one. So i hold my trumpet, but put my music in one hand.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
When I used a lyre I got a trombone one that clamped to my bell. It makes the trumpet a little bell heavy but I didn't really care. I had to do a little tweaking to get it to work but nothing major.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by AgresiveNapkins
When I used a lyre I got a trombone one that clamped to my bell. It makes the trumpet a little bell heavy but I didn't really care. I had to do a little tweaking to get it to work but nothing major.

I was going to buy that one but it's out of stock at my local store.
I put in loads of 9's in quantity and the page said "fatalic number error occured" or something