I've been thinking about buying a synth to work on some electronic music. Only thing is I don't have a clue about them.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced synth (around £300 ($600?)). Im not fussed about hooking this up to my PC, I just need to be able to plug it into an amp.

Thanks.
If you have one, you want to plug it in on your pc, because some programs give you AWESOME sounds
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Depends what you want from it. If you just want electronic sounds then defo go for the korg microkorg - its around 300 quid and so worth it,

If you want piano and other intrument sounds tho, dont get a microkorg - they only deal in electronic sounds
Quote by evillemon
Depends what you want from it. If you just want electronic sounds then defo go for the korg microkorg - its around 300 quid and so worth it,

If you want piano and other intrument sounds tho, dont get a microkorg - they only deal in electronic sounds

I'd like to do some Aphex Twin ambient style thing, for my own amusement. Gonna watch some demos of this Microkorg...
Just search around. It's possible to get a Korg X50 for that price now and it does great synth and samples (Read only). Microkorg XL is good and has better sounds than the original MK (it's PCMs like piano aren't great though). Alesis Micron is very nice sounding, like a Microkorg in its feature (vocoder is decent, but i prefer the MK's) but the Micron is a bitch to manoveur and edit through. But the MK can be confusing also. The XL is easier with an LCD Screen.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4

No matter what you get, if you get a synth, you have to learn that.

It's a requirement.

EDIT:

Quote by Bornlivedie UK
I'd like to do some Aphex Twin ambient style thing, for my own amusement. Gonna watch some demos of this Microkorg...

MicroKorgs are awesome. Totally check those out.
korg r3, it has full sized keys not those little ones the microKorg has and it has a vocoder also

by the way your going to want to hookup to a computer seeing as you can get patches and use the sound editor software
Last edited by Raging Bull at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by Raging Bull
korg r3, it has full sized keys not those little ones the microKorg has and it has a vocoder also

by the way your going to want to hookup to a computer seeing as you can get patches and use the sound editor software

The R3 is excellent, but dodgy with Korg after doin price hikes (I had originally planned to get the R3, until when I went to buy it a week later its price was up by about €100 so settled for the Microkorg XL which is a slight step down, but the same vocoder, great sounds from the same basic engine as the R3). And a Midi-USB (Or just usb typ B connector) lead is essential. (XL editor software has the Microkorg, MS2000 and MS200b factory presets that you can send to the XL).
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.