I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR, but I can't stand the Floyd. Changing strings, changing tuning, it's just too much of a hassle for me, even though the guitar sounds beautiful. I wanna get something to replace it, but I don't wanna spend too much money. I think I should be able to get $500 for the Schecter, so I'm looking for a $500-$650 guitar.

Neck-thru construction is a must, along with no double locking tremolo. I'd like it to have 24 frets too. Other than that, anything is really open. I play all kinds of rock and metal, and tune to everything from Drop C to Standard.

Aesthetics aren't terribly important, but I'm not a huge fan of odd shapes.

Thanks for the help!
This battered room I've seen before; these broken bones they heal no more. With my last breath, I'm choking. Will this ever end? I'm hoping. My world is over one more time.
You could try the Godin Radiator.. the only thing is that it doesn't have neck-thru construction.
Save up and get a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 without the floyd? Seems logical.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
If you're into metal and odd shapes, Ibanez released a budget model of the Xiphos guitar called the XP300FX. The pickups aren't great, but it costs 400$ on www.musiciansfreind.com, so you can afford to change at least one pickup. I also recommend the RG3EXFM1. If you like the Schecter feel, check out the C-1 Blackjack, it comes with Seymour Duncan pickups, but it might be a bit over your budget if it's brand new, so you'll have to get it used.
Quote by fishermanbob
Save up and get a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 without the floyd? Seems logical.

hahah, I was considering that actually. It just seems kinda wasteful, when I could get a whole new guitar experience. Could just be my stubborn self though.
This battered room I've seen before; these broken bones they heal no more. With my last breath, I'm choking. Will this ever end? I'm hoping. My world is over one more time.
Quote by dadarklord13
hahah, I was considering that actually. It just seems kinda wasteful, when I could get a whole new guitar experience. Could just be my stubborn self though.

well if you like your current guitar why change?
try out a few at a shop