i want to play guitar through my speakers but im not sure how to. i have my 1/4th to 1/8th, a sound card, and a line in... ok hold on, lemme rephrase...

i can record my guitar through mixcraft fine but i want to be able to plug my guitar into my computer and have the notes outputting through speakers...

mixcraft wont output to my speakers(logitech'szcinema) for some reason so i need some other program. audacity works well playing back reccording stuff already but i want to hear myself play.

is there any amp software than i can just input guitar sound to and have it output to speakers immediately?
Quote by wtflolbbq
i want to play guitar through my speakers but im not sure how to. i have my 1/4th to 1/8th, a sound card, and a line in... ok hold on, lemme rephrase...

i can record my guitar through mixcraft fine but i want to be able to plug my guitar into my computer and have the notes outputting through speakers...

mixcraft wont output to my speakers(logitech'szcinema) for some reason so i need some other program. audacity works well playing back reccording stuff already but i want to hear myself play.

is there any amp software than i can just input guitar sound to and have it output to speakers immediately?

What kind of speakers? PC speakers? Also, make sure the volume is turned up in the sound settings for whatever input you're using.
if you just plug into the mic input it should work. you may have to right click on the sound thing in the systray and open that to turn up the mic volume.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
if you just plug into the mic input it should work. you may have to right click on the sound thing in the systray and open that to turn up the mic volume.

well, it might cuz my speakers are connected via usb and not through the soundcard output... but i can monitor my sound input and i see im inputting but my speakers are not picking up. :[

@MetalGS3SE

how do i set it to monitor?
Quote by HoffManCometh
What kind of speakers? PC speakers? Also, make sure the volume is turned up in the sound settings for whatever input you're using.

like i said, i can record, i just want to be able to play my guitar and hear through my speakers at the same time.
It's easy,

1. Double click on your sound icon in the taskbar, when the sound thing comes up, unmute the microphone/line in channel.

2. If it's not there, on the sound thing, go to options, properties, go to the OUTPUT settings, make sure your line in/microphone channel is ticked, click OK.

3. Repeat number 1
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by wtflolbbq
like i said, i can record, i just want to be able to play my guitar and hear through my speakers at the same time.

I wasn't asking if the input volume was set up, I was asking if the output volume was set up correctly. If you take a look at your normal sound settings you should see volume settings for your line-in/mic output. That way you can record and still hear your guitar at the same time.
@ 2 above me

well, the output (im fairly certain) is set up properly. i can hear my itunes through my speakers and the like. i think my version of mixcraft is just bugged cuz i have to listen through my headset to hear the recordings but audacity plays the recordings through my speakers so i know that my speakers are working

i just cant hear the raw guitar sounds. i would also like to know if there was some amp software that would modify guitar sounds. i can use VST effects in mixcraft but i want like, distortion + raw guitar sounds + speakers = computer as amplifier instead of just computer as recording studio
reaper, the fx are decent (for being on a computer), and it's free

Perhaps (I have no experience at all with mixcraft) try properties or something like that where you can select output (but you probably tried that already)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by wtflolbbq
@ 2 above me

well, the output (im fairly certain) is set up properly. i can hear my itunes through my speakers and the like. i think my version of mixcraft is just bugged cuz i have to listen through my headset to hear the recordings but audacity plays the recordings through my speakers so i know that my speakers are working

i just cant hear the raw guitar sounds. i would also like to know if there was some amp software that would modify guitar sounds. i can use VST effects in mixcraft but i want like, distortion + raw guitar sounds + speakers = computer as amplifier instead of just computer as recording studio

Well, I'm just gonna say that it don't matter about the other programs that work fine, they aren't using your mic/line-in output. That's what you want to look at to get the raw guitar sounding through.. it might also be working completely fine, but you might need a decibel boost to hear it.

Also, as far as I know, I don't think you can get the VST effects playing in real time if you're not recording. They get layered onto the track because, y'know, it's not directly affecting your guitar output. Even if you could, it'd be extremely laggy, even though ASIO takes the edge off a fair bit..