Page 1 of 3
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540581,00.html?test=latestnews
This guy was falsely imprisoned for 23 years. What would you do if you were in jail for 23 years and then found not guilty after 23 years of no one hearing your appeals?

Sueing for money wouldnt do you much, I mean you wouldnt have to work a day in your life, but you still lost 23 years of your life. Thats twenty three years without being with a wife, a family, and the worst part is that your family thought you were a monster for 23 years.

I think I would just kill the people who put me in jail the first time, and just go back in. Its not like youd have much of a life to miss.

Any thoughts?
sorry if its been done, I search barred. The article came out today

tl;dr? What would you do if you were in jail for 23 years and then found not guilty?
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Make them bleed

/life
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
I've heard about stuff like this when I was in school...all these people are being freed because of DNA evidence proving they're not guilty and whatnot...

I would have the government add 23 years onto my life. That or ask for a lot of money.
thats aweful. I guess you could do a crime and not feel bad about it.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
sex. lots of it. then be angry and probably write a book about the idiosyncracies of the justice system. then more sex.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
sue for millions in false imprisonment and use it for revenge

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Start to build my own time machine?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by you = fail

I think I would just kill the people who put me in jail the first time, and just go back in. Its not like youd have much of a life to miss.

Ive thought about this before, and theres really nothing to do
that would suck... really really suck.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Last edited by B4Dkarma at Aug 19, 2009,
Well, I could see sueing for millions then using that money to gain leverage over the ones who put you there. Then destroying them like in Saw
Yeah, that'd really suck. Expensive things can sooth pain though and so does cake.
Ak-47,PCP,TNT-Vest
Take every mother****er who had anything to do whit the case down whit me!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Aug 19, 2009,
I would refuse to leave jail, and if they force you out with strong gaurds kill their familys and wait for the cops at the jailgate with some jailbait.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
meh... dont not do the crime if you cant do the time

also, does he now have 23 years worth of crime that he can use without punisment?
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Last edited by Malakian=God at Aug 19, 2009,
instead of suing for money... I'd sue for the right to commit a crime worthy of the 23yr sentence I had been charged with... or a series of crimes worth 23yrs...
Quote by Malakian=God
meh... dont not do the crime if you cant do the time

You either did something funny on purpose or are a bad spellerguy
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by B4Dkarma

Ive thought about this before, and theres really nothing to do
that would suck... really really suck.

Yea, it would suck. I would have to kill the people who put me there. I would be so angry, people who are saying cash would soothe them are obviously too young or stupid to realize that they would be missing like 25% of their life in prison
They would be required to keep me in beer and hookers for all eternity.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by theGlitch
instead of suing for money... I'd sue for the right to commit a crime worthy of the 23yr sentence I had been charged with... or a series of crimes worth 23yrs...

That would be great...

"Yeah, so to make up for my 23 years I get two drive-by's, a burglry of a jewellery store and the ability to freely attack and injure up to five people - sounds good."
Sue, then with that money make up for the 23 years I lost.
LARGE TEXT
Do you reckon he now can legally commit 23 years worth of crimes?

Poor guy though

EDIT: damn, beaten to the idea ^^^
Last edited by psyks at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by psyks
Do you reckon he now can legally commit 23 years worth of crimes?

Poor guy though

Shoot a cop ore 2.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by AdamDK

That would be great...

"Yeah, so to make up for my 23 years I get two drive-by's, a burglry of a jewellery store and the ability to freely attack and injure up to five people - sounds good."

However, this isnt a sitcom.
The worst thing is there wouldn't be anything you could do despite sueing and maybe writing a book about it or something. The fact that the government made a monumental screw up and robbed you of more than a quarter of your life is something that can be rectified.
That said, I'd try and make amends. I'd make contact with my old friends and family and tell them everything about what happened, even though nothing can ever put it right.
Then I'd go on a cocaine-fuelled hooker hunt and drive-by binge, I'm entitled to it.
"I will live with my work, I scream with this body of flesh that separates heaven and hell." Dir en Grey - Vinushka.

Some people say I'm crazy, I say RAAAAAAAAGHGHHGHHHHFNNNNIIR.
Quote by Vinushka
The worst thing is there wouldn't be anything you could do despite sueing and maybe writing a book about it or something. The fact that the government made a monumental screw up and robbed you of more than a quarter of your life is something that can be rectified.
That said, I'd try and make amends. I'd make contact with my old friends and family and tell them everything about what happened, even though nothing can ever put it right.
Then I'd go on a cocaine-fuelled hooker hunt and drive-by binge, I'm entitled to it.

So you could overdose and die?
Quote by you = fail
tl;dr? What would you do if you were in jail for 23 years and then found not guilty?

Be an extraordinary mixture of incredibly angry and incredibly relieved.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by wesselbindt
I probably would've killed myself 22,5 years ago, knowing that I'm not guilty.

Then the terrorists win.
Once released i would say thank you. then id go and gather any money i had before i was imprisond, empty all my bank accounts , pawn everything i had and move out of the country, start a new terrorist organization and within 10-15 years have bombs dropped on the white house, all government systems, have All prisoners freed in Every prison in the US. Then id sit back and watch the chaos as the monsters the governments created reak havoc apon the ruins
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal
Big Muff Pi
Morley Wah
murder the judge, the jury,. prosecutors etc
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by moody git
sex. lots of it. then be angry and probably write a book about the idiosyncracies of the justice system. then more sex.

This, and commit whatever crime I was put in for. Double Jeopardy rules ftw.

EDIT: If for murder, you obviously couldn't go murder that person unless they faked death, but I'd murder the perpetrator as revenge.
Last edited by dudius at Aug 19, 2009,
Sue for all the money you would have made in those 23 years. heck, even if it was minium wage you'ed get close to a million. Then, i'd buy a boat to live on and go to chipotle.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░