i recently bought an esp baritone guitar that was factory tunned to B
i want to tune it up to Standard, can i do this or will it hurt my guitar
i guess i will have to do something with the truss rod or the gauge of my strings but im not sure
any help will be appreciated
sorry if this was a dumb question
Yes, you can tune it in standard.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Yes, you can tune it in standard.

thank you but do you mean i dont have to alter the guitar at all
No, Baritone guitars can be tuned in Standard or B.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
i still dont get it (sorry im retaded) can i just tune my baritone from b up to e and play on it or do i have to loosen the truss rod or change strings to a higher gauge so as not to mess up the neck
truss rod adjustments ofc
and i'd put lighter strings
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
You would use a lighter gauge of strings if you did change them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
may i ask why you want to tune it up to standard?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Just tune it up to standard and see if plays ok, if not youll have to (or get somone to) set it up properly for standard tuning, obviously if you done all that you couldn't just simply tune it back to B again.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
why would you buy a baritone and put it in E? it would be hard to play (VERY tight strings i would think...)

if i where you, i would tune it DOWN to A
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
If you use regular string gauge you can tune it in standard.

Use a string tension calculator and see what gauge you need to keep tension as it was with you thicker strings and baritone tuning. That way you probably won't have to adjust anything

http://www.mcdonaldstrings.com/stringxxiii.html

Insert your current string gauges and tuning, and scale length. Watch tension result.
Insert standard tuning and change string gauge till you get the same tension.
may i ask why you want to tune it up to standard?

well my band actually play in D (drop C) so i need to tune it up

thank you bazuriya i will do that