alright then, i got a new song on my profile
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/ called midnight sunrise, i know it's a gay title but it kinda goes with the mood of the song.
it's a bit different to my other stuff, well maybe monkeynuts and vodka is kinda the same feel. but my aim was not to sound like metallica this time cause my last track got slated for it.lol. never a bad thing to sound like the biggest band on the planet imo.
but hey for those who don't like my metallica streak i try my best to make stuff you them too.
c4c's are welcome and i'll promise to get round to em asap.
peace peeps and soz if i sound like a mad moaning fool.
hey thanks for the crit...ive just listened to yours and was really impressed. I havent listened to any of your other stuff so cant comment on the metallica remark but i agree with you that sounding similar to such an awesome band cant be bad But yer back to the song i thought the quality was great and i digged the lead tone; its a great demostration of how simple can be better, it wasnt overtly technical but because of that, it kept me interested and id happily listen to it again. My favourite thing was the build up at the end and the climax it was great! Cant really think of anything to work on ill give it another listen to see if i can pick up on anything but great job overall
Hey, this is pretty sweet. I like the mixture of acoustic and electric guitars.

You have created a great atmosphere. The part around 1:30 almost seems like something you would hear on a movie or TV show -- in a good, cinematic kind of way. I like the melody. Then around 2:30 I see you've picked up that vibe again.

I'm loving 3:40 when the pace picks up a little. Great build-up! This is again reminding me of some western TV show type of soundtrack.

I'm pretty impressed. I really like the vibe of this piece. Nice job!

I actually think the production on this is pretty good. My main suggestions for improvement would be to tighten up the playing. Sometimes things start sounding a little sloppy.

Great work!
Want to know how Bob Dylan, R.E.M., Pink Floyd, Metallica, Mastodon, Opeth, Emperor, Meshuggah (and many more) make music?
Check out my songwriting quotes page: http://miketuritzin.com/songwriting/
cheers guys
i should learn to play with a click track i think.
my aim was to be simple but add a few layers and try not to put my metallica influence in there, tho i'm sure it has somewhere.lol
the song is devoloped from a single riff i'd bang out on my acoustic when i dropped tune to Db so i did find it hard to ply the G chord in my verses but a bit of weird hand positions and i had it.
Very nice sound. I like the quality of the recording.
Maybe too much overlay guitars recorded.
I like the low bass guitar part with bending.
Solo guitar is with nice sound.

I like the theme. Maybe it is a bit overused with overlaying. Some counterpoint would be nice there just to take ears from theme a bit if you know what I mean.

Ending reminds me of Killing in the name of, but is really really nice. I like the folk sounding bagpipes sound!

In the end, I like it, it is like a minimalism form piece.

Nice, maybe too over-recorded.
Continue with good creative work!

Igor Miskovic
Quote by igormiskovic
Very nice sound. I like the quality of the recording.
Maybe too much overlay guitars recorded.
I like the low bass guitar part with bending.
Solo guitar is with nice sound.

I like the theme. Maybe it is a bit overused with overlaying. Some counterpoint would be nice there just to take ears from theme a bit if you know what I mean.

Ending reminds me of Killing in the name of, but is really really nice. I like the folk sounding bagpipes sound!

In the end, I like it, it is like a minimalism form piece.

Nice, maybe too over-recorded.
Continue with good creative work!

Igor Miskovic

i always have had a problem with over doing it on some tracks. i think i'd just pick at track forever if i had the time.
thanks for the comments tho, i'll take these on board for my next one.
Thanks for the crit!

As for the song, I really like the whole mood created by it, it's almost grungy kinda. The acoustic/clean really helps create the mood. I also like the drop tuned guitar (or bass, I really can't tell lol). Very nice lead playing, and I love all the riffs and harmonies here. Very nice layering or effects and guitars, that makes it very atmospheric. Very cool song!
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
Thanks for the crit!

As for the song, I really like the whole mood created by it, it's almost grungy kinda. The acoustic/clean really helps create the mood. I also like the drop tuned guitar (or bass, I really can't tell lol). Very nice lead playing, and I love all the riffs and harmonies here. Very nice layering or effects and guitars, that makes it very atmospheric. Very cool song!

yeah the bass......it's my guitar with a sub octave effect on it and a load of other stuff took a while to perfect it tbh. if you have pod farm i'll send you the settings.
as for the crit, any time i think i'm subbed to your tracks anyhows.
cheers.
Nice! Really like the western feel of this song! you should add a harmonica solo!

Crit mine? (alt-metal song 2 in my profile)
Quote by bagpipemetal
Nice! Really like the western feel of this song! you should add a harmonica solo!

Crit mine? (alt-metal song 2 in my profile)

yeah i'll check it out for asap. cheers for your comments peeps