I have the Laguna and Line 6 pack. I am going to sell it. I have created multiple threads on stuff like; different brands, upgrading parts, and tremolos. But I guess there is just one more final question.
I need a guitar with....
1. Locking tremolo of some sort
2. 3 pickups (either HSS or HSH or HHS
3. Under $400 (willing to expand budget up to $500 if necessary)

P.S. I'm aware of some Ibanez RGs for $400 and some ESP at around $300. Are the tremolos/pickups any good? Are there any guitar brands/models I should think of?
sorry to kill your question, but in personal experience, i would suggest not getting any guitar with a tremolo at all, untill you have atleast one good proper hardtail bridged guitar so you can use different tunings and such on it.

with a floating trem, if you were to go with a cheap one, you can encounter a lot of problems... just through what i have played and what i think are nice are these...

Ibanez's edge tremolos (not sure which models, but im pretty sure they generally only have about 2/3 different tremolos on their guitars in the market now. and i dont know if its a different trem, but the one thats on the S series, has like ball bearings instead of a knife edge or something along the lines of that... its all very nice to play and stays intune.

an original floyd rose system.

and also the trem king bridges, i really quite like them, but they work entirely differently.

Needless to say, all floating tremolos MUST.. i repeat, MUST be perfectly set up by a pro to the tuning of choice, otherwise you will encounter problems all the time.

Hope ive helped
i dont think your gonna get much of a guitar for that cash, save if u buy a guitar with that your not gonna be happy with it and it wont lsat long
Ibanez's with Edge 3 trems are a general no-no. Looking at MF, it looks like you may have to compromise. You could get something like a Schecter C-1 FR and put in a push-pull coil tap switch, so you can get a single-coil sound as well as a humbucker sound. But if you really want a well-made guitar with those specs, save up a bit more and go for a Fender HSS Strat FR.
My style has a lot of whammying. My tremolo doesn't lock, so i really want a locking tremolo. Sorry to be a jerk about it, but i just need one. its who i am. anyway, i would plan on it getting set up. (will guitar center do this for free?) And will a d-tuna work on an Edge III? Anyways, would you recomend the $300 ESP with Floyd Rose, or the $400 Ibanez with Edge III?
Quote by Lagunaguitar
I have the Laguna and Line 6 pack. I am going to sell it. I have created multiple threads on stuff like; different brands, upgrading parts, and tremolos. But I guess there is just one more final question.
I need a guitar with....
1. Locking tremolo of some sort
2. 3 pickups (either HSS or HSH or HHS
3. Under $400 (willing to expand budget up to $500 if necessary)

P.S. I'm aware of some Ibanez RGs for $400 and some ESP at around $300. Are the tremolos/pickups any good? Are there any guitar brands/models I should think of?

Take a look at the Ibanez S-Series with ZR tremolo.

But, why are 3 pickups important for you?

Also I wouldn't buy a guitar in this pricerange with locking tremolo because most of them are crap in that pricerange.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Just get a Cort KX-5FR H-S-H, decent LFR, Both Humbuckers coil tapped, and within your price. The pups are not bad, better than Ibby stock ones.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I guarentee you will hate the FR. It is too much hassle just because you want to use a whammy bar. Buy a guitar with a normal trem and then get locking tuners.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Lagunaguitar
My style has a lot of whammying. My tremolo doesn't lock, so i really want a locking tremolo. Sorry to be a jerk about it, but i just need one. its who i am. anyway, i would plan on it getting set up. (will guitar center do this for free?) And will a d-tuna work on an Edge III? Anyways, would you recomend the $300 ESP with Floyd Rose, or the $400 Ibanez with Edge III?

Edge III =
$300 guitar with a licensed FR also =

Saving money until you can buy a guitar with a decent trem =