i was wondering what would be the best stack for under $1500 canadian.....like all players, a marshall kerry king head would be nice.....but i dont have $1500 just for the head....... i play metal...like bodom, and lamb of god..etc...

I have heard that the Bugera 333xl head with a 4X12 cab is a good one...

is there any other ones that would be a great fit for the music i play and for my price range?

also, here is a link to my bands myspace if your wondering what kind of stuff i play..

http://www.myspace.com/towardsend

cheers, Mitch
Quote by mandatorymetal
i was wondering what would be the best stack for under $1500 canadian.....like all players, a marshall kerry king head would be nice.....but i dont have $1500 just for the head....... i play metal...like bodom, and lamb of god..etc...

I have heard that the Bugera 333xl head with a 4X12 cab is a good one...

is there any other ones that would be a great fit for the music i play and for my price range?

also, here is a link to my bands myspace if your wondering what kind of stuff i play..

http://www.myspace.com/towardsend

cheers, Mitch

Well.. I managed to pick up a Peavey 5150 head for under five hundred bucks. Getting an entire head+4x12cab shouldn't be too difficult. Really look for those deals and avoid retail prices like the plague! You can really get a good deal and a good stack if you look high and low.

I'm not sure about cabs because I never actively look for them. I did see a 5150 cabinet that matched my head floating somewhere around 400 to 500 as well.

So in short: be prepared to accept blemishes, ripped tolex, and sometimes replaced components. If you can deal with that, it's all good.

Of course, if you aren't the type who'll take any good deal, you should try looking around for VOX's valvetronix stacks. They sound incredible and fit basically any genre you're looking for.
A Bugera 333XL and a Bugera cab would make a nice, affordable, rig. The cabs sound very good for $249 or les US$. Sorry, don't know how much more this would be in Canada. If you feel comfy going used, Peavey all the way. Affordable and dependable.
I'm in Canada. Prices tend to be 100 dollars more then the American price, new and used. And even then, finding 5150's for a good price is very hard here. Going used in Canada is a lot tougher then in America. Going new is most of the time better IMO.

A Marshall JCM800KK IMO is not the greatest option for the music you're playing. It's more for thrash types of music in my opinion.

EDIT: Do you need a halfstack? You don't need one untill you're playing sold out venues. Any gig requiring that much volume will have your amp mic'd to the house PA. Save your money, and get the 6505+ Combo that is coming out in October. It's going to run for $700 American, so it's most likely going to run for $800 Canadian.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116912/6505%26trade%3B112Combo.cfm

Or get a Randall MTS Series combo and stretch your budget a little (because of the modules).
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 19, 2009,