Hi does anyone know how to get a punk rock e.g. blink 182 sum 41 sound from the line 6 spider 3 amp.
please reply.
The only way to get good tone out of a Spider is to set the power switch to 'off,' the volume to 'zero,' and the plug to 'unplugged.'

That being said, if I'm not mistaken, don't those bands have something like.... Gain 5/10, bass 6/10, mids 7/10, treble 8/10? Don't put it on face melter insane - try whatever dials into about a marshall - I think it's called stack or something to that likeness? Classic or overdrive? I can't remember what line 6 puts on their amps...

Anyway - those tone controls/settings are dependant on the amp and might not work for your particular amp, but it's worth a try and a place to start.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Why do Spider 3 - owners always want 'that and that kind of sound' on their Spiders?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Why do Spider 3 - owners always want 'that and that kind of sound' on their Spiders?

not me
Quote by ltd v100
not me

OK, not ALL Spider users are like that.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp

Spiders are cheap amps and punk is a cheap gear/DIY style?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by JesusCrisp

Because they own the amp and that is the sound they are looking for, you idiot.