im taking some of your suggestions and getting a isp decimator. there seams to be 2 stomp box varieties... the standard isp dec, and the isp dec g string. theres also these two versions in a rack component with our without stereo. is it worth the money for the g string... and what are the benefits of getting the rack version? what is the stereo version used for?
stereo is for use with 2+ amps. Just go for the standard. Does the job perfectly well, and is less expensive (a bit).
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
get the g-string if you your guitar is noisy and your preamp is noisy(and you have an effects loop). The g-string basically has 2 noise gates in one. If just one of the 2 are noisy, get the regular.
Unless you use a bunch of effects in your loop, a single ISP Decimator up front will work just fine. It really all depends on your guitar pups and what other pedals you run. I have two, I barely use them anymore since I've upgraded my gear. It's better to use two single ISP Decimators (one loop, one up front) than a single G-String because there is always more noise up front than in the loop, therefore having two threshold pots works better for ME. YMMV.
I actually get the opposite, more noise in the loop from the gain circuitry. However, I shielded my guitar pretty well and don't use much up front.

-but 2 regular isp decimators >> 1 g-string because of independent controls as mentioned above.