87 24%
90's
66 18%
00's
61 17%
Voters: 364.
Page 1 of 4
I searchbarr'd, nothing.

So what decade do you think rock was at it's peak?

I think the 60's was the most important because of the Beatles, and other HUGE influences in rock n' roll made the biggest impact in music.

Poll coming.
Right now because we have access to the music of the past decades and this current one.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
All decades have their merits.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
60s wins by a long shot. Just think of it this way, in the 60s music wasn't just some entertainment but it became apart of everybody's lifestyle. It was apart of the atmosphere and vibe of the times - especially in Britain. We haven't seen that since.
Signed.
The 70s. Classic Rock at its finest
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
close between the 60s and the 70s for me, because we have the awesome classics from the 60s, which paved the way for the equally awesome prog rock generation of the 70s.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
The year was 1969.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
60's definitely. I mean The Beatles were around then. That settles it.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Yes, but the classics we have access to weren't written and recorded this decade were they?

This topic is about in which decade was rock at it's peak, not when the best songs were written, I believe now since we have all the rock of the past (as well as other genres) and rock from now are available to everyone.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
80's-90's
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
hard to tell, i wasn't there for most of 'em so all i got to go by is the recorded aspect of it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
1990s. They had Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and Blind Melon.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'd say 70's because thats when all the rock bands were comming from and the blues and all.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah, but 90% of kids like classic rock because of guitar hero.

Stop making stats up.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by Jack Off Jill
1990s. They had Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and Blind Melon.

This for like this exact reason, especially Soundgarden and Blind Melon (still have a special place in my heart for AiC though). And I loooove '90s Radiohead.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
90s had the best form of Outkast, too. And Smashing Pumpkins. What the hell does the 70s have on that?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah, but 90% of kids like classic rock because of guitar hero.

Please, don't tell me you're one of those douchebags? Doesn't matter how they find out about it, chances are the kids who just listen to the songs from guitar hero are the ones who would just listen to a couple of a bands most well known singles if the game didn't exist. I don't own guitar hero (but i have played it) and I have discovered a few bands that I have grown to like because of it.

And it doesnt matter anyway because i mean anyone who actually is interested in music has access to every past decade and the music of their own rather than a kid in the 80s who only had that decade, the 70s, 60s, and 50s. And you know what? Guitar hero has actually done a lot for "classic rock," most of those kids would be listening to Little Wayne and Nickelback if they didn't become the guitar hero posers you say they are.
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
what the hell? 1600's!! medieval music...that is where people got epic from....all those choirs and the intense lute playing...
Quote by The3818919
That was one of the funniest comments I have read on UG... ever.

Don't forget Bard's, they were the ****
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by joshua122593
I searchbarr'd, nothing.

So what decade do you think rock was at it's peak?

I think the 60's was the most important because of the Beatles, and other HUGE influences in rock n' roll made the biggest impact in music.

Poll coming.

Beatles sucked in the '60s. They sucked in the '70s. They sucked in the '80s. They sucked in the '90s. They suck today.
Just my opinion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Lots O' FX
Right now because we have access to the music of the past decades and this current one.

yes, but you must remember, most of this current era sucks...
Jonas Brothers,
Naked Brothers,
Maroon5,
Hannah Banana, or whatever the **** her name is
Fall Out Boy,
Panic at the Disco,
Metro Station...

see my point?

Anyway. I'm much more of a hard rock/heavy metal fan. So I'd say the 60's-80's. I never got into that hair metal. But the 60's and 70's was when hard rock was really taking music by storm.
Last edited by Mainer at Aug 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 4