I have noticed a lot of people asking what tubes to put in their 5150/6505's in this forum.
I have spent a STOOPID amount of money experimenting with this and have come to a conclusion that will help you guys out. This info can be apply to not only the 6505, but ANY Peavey high gain amp, Ultra, Triple X, JSX, 3120, etc:

Install SED power tubes (Winged C's). They are the best, cleanest, clearest, loudest, tubes you can use for this amp. Anything else is second best.
Use a Tung-sol 12ax7 in V1. For less brightness a new Mullard 12ax7 will work here also. This is a personal choice.
Then, just use Chinese Shuguang 12ax7B's (Silver Dragons) the rest of the way.

This tube combo is awesome. It kills a lot of the buzz, fizz, bees, etc: and will give you a killer low volume tone also.

I promise you the results will put a big smile on your face.
Well, they're all personal choices, man.

Still, interesting.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Sounds interesting, I think I may have to try these out in my 6505+
ohai little sig.
Quote by strat0blaster
Well, they're all personal choices, man.

Still, interesting.

Absolutley sir. I respect that. This isn't about, I'm right, everybody else is "doing it wrong" thread. This is just truely the best I've been able to make a Peavey high gainer sound with every modern tube(s) I've tried. I can promise you complete satisfaction with this tube combo tone.
I am really digging my new JJ KT-77's buy far the best tube I have ever heard with my Triple X.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
I am really digging my new JJ KT-77's buy far the best tube I have ever heard with my Triple X.

the kt77's for jsx/xxx/ and 3120 is a great choice. Its a nice mid between the el34's and 6l6's
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
My JJ ECC83's are doing me just fine so far.

And the RUBY 6L6GCMSTR's in mine are a hell of a lot better than I would have thought.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
A little OT here, but what about new tubes for a Windsor Studio?
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
what else have you tried? i can't imagine the chinese tubes not sounding fizzy or buzzy.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

I have spent a STOOPID amount of money experimenting with this and have come to a conclusion that will help you guys out.

Judging from your sig, I think you've spent a stoopid amount of money on gear in general. Not that that's a bad thing. It just makes me green as a jolly rancher with envy. I think Two-Rock would probably send a salesman to your house if they knew what you spend on gear. Lolz at paying 8 grand for an amp.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.