So I bought a Carvin SX-300 amp a while back and cant seem to get the sound I want no matter how much I try. I figured using a pedal or two would fix this but I have no experience in the area at all. I play an RG350DX through this and I play lots of 80's rock but also death metal sometimes as well. So what would you guys recommend for me?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Maxon OD808 for starters. Then, an MXR Carbon Copy and Stereo Chorus. Both great pedals and quite flexable. You will always use them in some way, shape, or form.
With all the effects available straight from the amp itself, just by a footswitch. But if your looking for different distortions, try an Ibanez TS808 for the heavier music, for the classic rock, I would get a Vox Joe Satriani Signature Distortion pedal.
Quote by joshua122593
Digitech's RP series.

It has a lot of cab/amp/dist models. I have the RP90.

if you're after a good death metal tone the 'Boss MT-2 Metalzone' is a pretty useful tool, I've been using one for a while now couldn't imagine playing without it,
Sorry to say it, but get a new amp, if your not happy with your current one, it's time to move on.
Quote by hotrats57
if you're after a good death metal tone the 'Boss MT-2 Metalzone' is a pretty useful tool, I've been using one for a while now couldn't imagine playing without it,

there are better metal distortions out there, it's not bad but not the best, i am good enough at shaping tone between the amp and pedal to get a good tone/distortion between the two but i wouldn't buy another if it died on me

the metal muff is a good pick if your looking to get a metal distortion straight out of the stomp box

if you want something to push your amps distortion and add a bit of tone look at the tube screamers like the maxon 808 or a ts9(reissue ibanez 808's are just a gimmick as the chip that made the difference between the 9 and the 808 is no longer in production thus the new 808's are just renamed 9's)
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!