of course i like toe EricS! and that's cool that you're from jamestown nc and actually like math rock, because i also happen to be from jamestown! cedarwood, man. and turinbrakes, did you mean toe reminded you of incubus or my song?
reminds me of MTB but way less complex.

like if The Mercury Program were in high school and just starting out. kewl though keep it up
really? i kind of thought it was maybe more complex because it (for the most part) doesn't use the standard rock beats like what mtb generally uses, and i'd like to think the tapping is more complex, and i use it the entire song. but i guess it's whatever the listener thinks :P any other opinions?
You live in that neighborhood across the street from southwest right?
BTW how did you record your guitar? I record all my music through a M-audio BlackBox. Your tones were great on the recording.
nah actually, i'm on guilford college road. i should be going to ragsdale cause i'm really close to it but that whole districting thing put me at southwest. and i used a line 6 spider (i know, it's embarrassing) with a really crappy guitar who's name i won't even mention. it's not a first act or a squier, but it's not much better haha. but yeah, i used those and i have this little cable that connects from the output of my amp to the "line in" of my computer and recorded in audacity. i made the drums in this program called ezdrummer.
Quote by keganonthedunes
nah actually, i'm on guilford college road. i should be going to ragsdale cause i'm really close to it but that whole districting thing put me at southwest. and i used a line 6 spider (i know, it's embarrassing) with a really crappy guitar who's name i won't even mention. it's not a first act or a squier, but it's not much better haha. but yeah, i used those and i have this little cable that connects from the output of my amp to the "line in" of my computer and recorded in audacity. i made the drums in this program called ezdrummer.

Let me guess... An Epihpone? Lol.
It sounds nice. Definately stay in touch. I live right off Penny road, which is right off Eastfork. Crazy.
haha nah it's not an epiphone. and i'm actually at my friends house right now and he lives near penny i think so we're probably like two seconds away lol
I'm really liking this right now, great stuff!
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Quote by keganonthedunes
haha nah it's not an epiphone. and i'm actually at my friends house right now and he lives near penny i think so we're probably like two seconds away lol

Haha that's awesome.
I'm going to bass lessons in a few minutes. :]
You should send me the .wav files of your recording.
you mean like the individual parts? i might be able to. and thanks for the comments everyone. anyone else?
[quote="'[EricS"]']Did you do 2 Guitar parts for it?
yeah, every riff had two guitar parts, one on the left channel and one on the right
Hey, I heard your songs. It sounds very typical math rock...I mean its good and pretty solid but it just doesn't stand out for me.
I think maybe you need to mix other techniques into your music and not just finger tap through the whole song cause it gets pretty one dimensional.
Cool..keep on playing dude...production quality rules
I really like the stuff but i agree that you should mix other techniques into your music. Really cool polyrhythmic stuff going on though. Definitely post more stuff when you have a full band because I'd really want to hear what it sounds like then. I say find a really kick ass bass player for this kind of stuff and you should sound really good. This stuff reminds me of Scale the Summit too... listen to it if you haven't already.

Here is my stuff. Please go check it out.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219288
Hey check out my band. Prog Metal/Death/Jazz
www.myspace.com/siegeofaugusta

1993 Jackson Rhoads Standard w/ EMG's for sale, PM if interested
Quote by zezimathehero
^Shut the hell up and talk about BTBAM
That was awesome, I'm not hearing the polyrhythms that the one guy was talking about though.

What recording stuff do you use? It sounded amazing.

If you got a nice melodic singer vocals would fit in perfectly.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
thanks @ the top three comments or whatever the number was haha. and they weren't polyrhythms, but the two guitars were playing in polymeters. in one part, one guitar would play like 4/4 and the other one would be playing like 7/4 and they would just meet up in the end. i like the sound of it more, it doesn't sound so repetitive.