Page 1 of 2
Hello Pit.

I´m starting the swedish equivalent of high school(Your 16 when you start) tomorrow and i´m pretty nervous. I only know one other person who´s going there but i dont know if we´ll be in the same class.

It´s a music and arts school so the people who´s going there people are 80% girls and i am not the best at talking to girls, at least not for the first time.

Anyone got any tips for me?
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Nah, but really, it is a pain in the ass.

But you'll be fine.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 19, 2009,
It's normal to be nervous. Just stay calm, and try to talk to people even if you don't want to. Be social and everything will be fine.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by rigiddigits

Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Once you start hanging out with girls (Romantically or platonically) your ability to talk to them increases exponentially.
Quote by Ghast
Once you start hanging out with girls (Romantically or platonically) your ability to talk to them increases exponentially.

I hang out with alot of girls and even had a girlfriend til recently. The thing is i´m not good at breaking the ice. But since it´ll be a music school everyone shares a similiar interest and can always talk about that.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Tell them you're from the pit. That'll be cool.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Tell them you're from the pit. That'll be cool.

Coming to the Pit for advice already speaks volumes about you kid.
Quote by Harry Heck
Coming to the Pit for advice already speaks volumes about you kid.

Butbutbutbutbut!

Meh, it´ll probably be fine. If anything i will just befriend the fat kid.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Dude, you're going to have the best time of your life! An arts school filled with loads of girls (who like the arts)!

Everyone here is very jealous of you. Talking to girls will be easy for you as you're going to be in their classes and everything.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Seriously, the best thing to do is just try and make friends, just have simple conversations with people and try not to do anything really embarrassing or stupid, you don't want to get a nickname on your first day. Just simple generic conversations about music/previous school/how you're finding your new school kind of stuff will do...
Går du estet eller?

You'll be fine. Just remember to start the day by bribing the principal.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah, I'm starting a new school in september. I've only lived in this country for one year and I'm going to level with you. My french isn't that great.

You think you've got it tough?
Quote by Kensai
Går du estet eller?

You'll be fine. Just remember to start the day by bribing the principal.

Klart jag går estet Om man ska kasta bort livet ska man göra det med stil.

I guess i´ll just have to man up and be social.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by psyks
Yeah, I'm starting a new school in september. I've only lived in this country for one year and I'm going to level with you. My french isn't that great.

You think you've got it tough?

Dude, sucking at French and being with French girls is great. You can be ridiculously flirtacious and not actually feel self concious about it and they love it! I was doing white water rafting in Zambia and there were two french sisters onboard and i've never felt so confident in my life. granted, I started failing miserably after complimenting them on having 'beautiful eyes' for the eighth time but the first few times they liked it! (I think)
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
School of arts. School of arts with mostly girls. School of arts with girls who like arts.
But I know you said you weren't great with girls but you know, you'll get better once you hang out with them more as Ghast said.
And you're probably worried about having to get a whole new group of friends. But just think of the friends you have in your other school. You befriended them so you won't have any trouble making more
80%??
u lucky bastard

EDIT: DAMMIT
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Quote by WillB13
80%- What?! Awesome.

I seem to be the only one not thinking this is awesome.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Man, I've never been to the same school two years in row. My dads in the military so we move every couple years too. So...

Just go. You've end up talking to people who know other people there. You'll meet more and more people into you know a lot. Some of them will like you. Some of the people who you will think are cool will have friends who think you suck. Just make good first impressions and be a nice person in general.

If you seem like a cool guy, people will want to be around you. If you seem like a loser, then things are just gonna be a little harder when starting out.

Hakuna Matata... Life is good. Don't stress, and I KNOW everything with end up fine.

I'm about to start a new school in this tiiiiny town in TX after being in Japan for four years. I stressed about it a bunch, and all it did was put me in a bad mood. I realized that there was really nothing I could do to help myself out before i got there.
Theres not a lot you can do beforehand, just be confident.
Im on a bunch of pain pills right now, because i just had surgery, but everything i said here is true, i just didnt right it out all that well..

Good luck.

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Girls who like the arts are generally a lot nicer than girls who don't (pretty random stereotype pulled out of my arse). I'm not being totally ridiculous, i've always found girls who like real music to be a lot kinder and more down to earth than those into scenes. You'll do fine, just tell them you're a Feb 08'er and you'll do great. You're like a veteran man.

Doctor Wu: Did you just quote the Lion King?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Last edited by isabiggles at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by The_Clansman_
Isn't 80% girls good?

20 boys, 80 girls
4 girls a boy? Minus the ugly ones = 2-3 girls a boy = win

It will be good later, right now it just seems like to many girls to try and impress. And as a side note i can tell you that i play better guitar than most of the people in year 3 in the school.

My plan is to watch all the courage wolfs i can find before going in the morning. That will boost my confidence a bit.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

You'll be fine. Just be yourself, act friendly, and you'll have new friends in no time.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
You'll be fine, don't worry. I feel intimidated about going to a new University next month as well but there's gonna be tons of friendly people and it'll just take a few days to get used to the new school.
Quote by Gord@k
It will be good later, right now it just seems like to many girls to try and impress. And as a side note i can tell you that i play better guitar than most of the people in year 3 in the school.

My plan is to watch all the courage wolfs i can find before going in the morning. That will boost my confidence a bit.

Take guitar to school first day
Play acoustic song
Have 10 girls wanting to give you themselves
:O
I have a winner!
Are there any major "donts´" to do on the first day?
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by TEK34
Wank in class.

My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
Are there any major "donts´" to do on the first day?

Not really. Don't come off as over-eager or annoying. Just be nice to people and act friendly and open and all will be well.

The don'ts are mostly common sense like..

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET NAKED.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Lucky... your in sweden, and the school your going to is 80% girls... swedish girls!!

lucky bastard, probably tons of lesbians.
Just try for the love of God to act normal, at least on the first day. If you can, try to make some friends, but if its not working don't bother, you'll make casual relationships in class etc. Anyway, if your looking at getting a girl, which I'm assuming a large part of the post is about, if you act like a freak that will impact how every girl looks at you for quite some time. But if you act normal girls will get a 'crush' (as much as I hate the term) and youknow, send you messages in class n ****.
Ehm, i was planning on wearing an August Underground shirt. Is that a bad idea? It has a picture of a cut up corpse on it.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
Ehm, i was planning on wearing an August Underground shirt. Is that a bad idea? It has a picture of a cut up corpse on it.

Go ahead. As a true Manowarrior, I hate to quote Miley Cyrus but just be yourself (as long as that self is not a freak/loser)
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by Ghast

*sings the day that never comes*
(I don't hand out with gir... people)
Quote by Gord@k

Butbutbutbutbut!

Meh, it´ll probably be fine. If anything i will just befriend the fat kid.

hi I'm the fat kid...
fat kid is not ammused
EDIT: yea so i just google image serched swedish girls... and wow 80% of
Last edited by Ponyexpress at Aug 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 2