Alright I haven't posted a song in a while, so I decided too. It's not that I haven't been writing, I just was working on recording. This is the second song I wrote for my little project, so the next few works should be genre consistent. Anyway, this is sort of a melodic metalcore song. I can't really think of another way to describe it. I really like this piece. I don't know. I'm not feeling very creative with descriptions today. I'll C4C, so don't hesitate. Just post a link to your song if you want me too.

.gp5, .gp4, .midi included. Enjoy and comment.
Attachments:
The Aftermath.zip
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]
Last edited by champayne at Aug 19, 2009,
sounds cool!
I really like the contrast riff starting at 145.
The only thing I didn't like was the one riff that repeats so often, but that's probably just because i listened to it without RSE and there is no singing.
keep it up!
Quote by Seanbest
sounds cool!
I really like the contrast riff starting at 145.
The only thing I didn't like was the one riff that repeats so often, but that's probably just because i listened to it without RSE and there is no singing.
keep it up!

Hmm... I didn't really make the song for RSE, I didn't set anything. I don't like listening to RSE personally, unless i want to simulate a gig recorded by a drunk-operated cell phone ^^.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

Quote by champayne
Hmm... I didn't really make the song for RSE, I didn't set anything. I don't like listening to RSE personally, unless i want to simulate a gig recorded by a drunk-operated cell phone ^^.

Well yeah, but with the new guitar pro you can find some sounds that are... well yeah crap, but better than midi
Quote by Seanbest
Well yeah, but with the new guitar pro you can find some sounds that are... well yeah crap, but better than midi

Ya but I listened to my song in RSE and it really cut some parts out (the intro sounds really bad compared to midi. You can't hear Guitar 2 at all)
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

Ehh, it was okay. But, like alot of songs posted here in this genre, everything feels like a riff I've heard a million times in -core. Like, oh theres pedalpoint riff that goes down the minor scale, oh theres a slow i-VI-v progression with some slow clean pedalpoint riffs, theres the same clean part with chugging behind it.

It nots even your fault, it just seems as if the whole genre of metalcore and to a lesser point melodic metal just recycle the same ideas pioneered by a few bands. And your song is certainly good for a -core song. Theres nothing wrong with the riffs, they just aren't original in any way, shape or form. But it that is what floats your boat, thats cool.

Overall I'd give it a 5/10, because its fine, but boring and it doesn't have any original riffs.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1180216
I like the intro, it's got a really sweet feel to it and I'd love to hear it in an actual recording.

The verse, both A and B, had a very "Bleeding Through" sound to me which I haven't heard in a lot of the metalcore songs in this section so it was a nice change.

The chorus wasn't anything special, and I found the bridge to be a little boring without vocals on top.

Verse C was a little generic but it fit the song well enough, and every metalcore song needs a pointless breakdown though =P it adds to the fun when played live.

The solo was alright but I found the chromatics a little odd with the rhythm staying in key the entire time, usually when I hear solos like that the rhythm at least has one little thing that falls out along with the solo.

The outro was cool too but I think the last 3 bars were a little unneeded.

Overall, it was a good listen. Crit mine? Song 2 in my sig if ya don't mind =D
It sounds a little bit generic to me, but It still sounds really good, and if you were going for just generic metalcore, then you got what you wanted anyway.

I think the solo sounded pretty awesome. I like the use of chromatics.

Overall it sounded pretty cool, and it metalcore songs generally sound better recorded, so that would be cool to here.

Thanks for the crit, by the way.
I really liked it! I love this style of metal and this was a excellent song. I really liked the drums they sounded cool and guitar melodies were excellent. Keep it up!
There's really nothing I can recommend to fix with this. There's a few notes that seem to be out of key and not intentionally that you might want to look for. And it's generic. But every individual part is solid. I actually liked the "pointless" breakdown a lot. I honestly didn't like the solo at all though. It sounds like either you wrote it in a completely different scale from what's behind it, or maybe like you just don't understand scales at all and just wung it hard. Sorry if that's a bit harsh. I don't like the whole completely rebuilding and introducing (basically repeating the intro) for the outro. It makes it harder to have a good finale when you have to stop to get to it it sounds like. Still, it all flowed right, and no riff was less than good. It just suffers from core syndrome. Try not to fall any further into it.