I'm too lazy to upload my own pic so I'm posting the one the guy sent me...(ERGO, THAT IS NOT MY ****TY AMP!))

According to someone on EG, this may be an Ibanez Talman. The guy who I got it from says it's a 70's model but with that headstock, it looks more like a 60's model. I swapped an Orange Crush (bought for £10) and a Marshall Guv'nor and Reflector pedal for it. I basically got the guitar for £10 as the pedals came with my amp (swapped my LTD for it - flipped it too!)

As you can see, it's a crazy (Ugly? ) looking guitar. The pickups are definitely not original, and as well as that, the bridge seems to be a single coil in an HB cover. The neck is a lot less chunky than anything I've tried other than a Rickenbacker one time, and the frets are worn, but it still has plenty of life - although my hand is a bit sore! The tuners are also new additions, as looking at the back ofr the headstock I can see where the old holes have been filled. The tone pot also turns the volume down at the lower settings but I can live with that for a while. It definitely has some character.

Sound wise, it's great, nice vintage tones that sound good clean or when I'm pushing my amp. There isn't much sustain unsurprisingly, but I knew it wasn't a Les Paul when I got it. Another thing I like is that it's perfectly balanced, as well as very light. It's a cool little guitar, and much more fun than the ****ty Les Paul Special 2 I was borrowing. I'm still going to save up for either a Tele or Tokai Les Paul Junior, but this is a keeper if only for the novelty!
I would rock that in a second. Get a slide and play some raunchy garage blues
purdy man treat it well
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by imgooley

I could not agree more. And yeah, it's definitely a Talman. No question about that. Enjoy!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Its only ugly if you don't think about it playing the music it was made for. If I saw Dave Mustaine playing it, I'd think it was retarded and ugly. If it was John Frusciante, Kurt Cobain or a blues guitarist with that, I'd think it was far beyond awesome.
Quote by imgooley

I knew you'd be all over it

I suck at slide but it is a beast for Blues in any case. The neck pickup nice and rich. I'll be saving for a nice fuzz I think for some Black Keys shenanigans.
that's a very cool guitar, HNGD. You don't see the electric Talmans that much, nice find.

PS - I fully support any and all Black Keys shenanigans.
Well done greggy!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by greggybhoy
I knew you'd be all over it

I suck at slide but it is a beast for Blues in any case. The neck pickup nice and rich. I'll be saving for a nice fuzz I think for some Black Keys shenanigans.

I could totally see Dan playing that guit box. Or Jack White.
Quote by imgooley
I could totally see Dan playing that guit box. Or Jack White.

Jack, definitely. Dan...

Not enough hollowbody

Just kidding. Hey Goolz, Ironically enough I'm jammin' out some slide on the old Stella. I still need to put up a clip...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Definitely has a Jack White/Airline thing going on, what with there being a single coil in the bridge with a humbucker cover. I should also mention that it has a set neck! The neck and heel is actually thicker than the body - which is no more than 2 inches thick, if that
I've been looking for a random old pawnshop guitar.Looks like you just picked yourself up a good one
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I meant to ask about the serial number on the headstock. It's 496 - can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, more pr0nz. Family pic this time! This guitar sounds so good by the way...