I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to reduce the noise produced by openstrings, if you use a lot of distorition. So that the sound gets more accurate.
And i don't want to use a noise reduction processor.

Mfg

PS Sorry for my bad english i*m not native
Lower the gain, high-gain stuff rarely uses open strings except if they are muted.
ಠ_ಠ
Work on your technique.

If I'm interpreting this right, you're making noise on open strings and you want to know how to fix that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Like, when you're playing a chord or something and you don't want the strings to ring?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Lets see if im getting this right:
When you are plaing with distortion your open strings make noise even if you dont want them to? Or are they just louder than freted strings? If its the first one, then you just need to practice my friend.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
well distortion picks up the strings that are not being played because when you pluck any strings the ones nearby will vibrate also, you can either learn to precisely mute with your right hand or put a hair-tie, string, rubber band....whatever works at the top of the neck
just improve your technique
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Thanks for so many replieys.
To be clear my problem is that open strings ring even if i don'T touch them while i play.
Of course improving is always something you wanna do playing guitar so thanks for the so wise answere. :P
Quote by funplayer
Thanks for so many replieys.
To be clear my problem is that open strings ring even if i don'T touch them while i play.
Of course improving is always something you wanna do playing guitar so thanks for the so wise answere. :P

Why the sarcastic tone? That actually was good advice.

If you want string 4 to NOT sound when you pick string 1, you have to MUTE string 4 with either the palm of your picking hand or the other fingers on your fretting hand.
That's it.

There's no magic answer to it, you have to practice your muting technique.

The rubber band trick between nut and first fret works, but you are then unable to use the open strings. So it limits you alot.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
That's called resonance, if you arent muting the strings you're not playing they will start vibrate because of the resonance the guitar and amp makes.

As mentioned above, you need to work on your muting technique.
Personally, I wouldn't do the elastic band/hairband technique, I consider it cheating.

The only way to stop the open strings, or any string you don't want to ring is by learning proper muting techniques, both with your left and right hand. Freepower has a very good video on youtube, and in one of the stickies about this.