is it just me, or do all you have trouble getting a half way decent sound out of amp modeling software (amplitube, guitar rig 3, etc.). the distortion sounds absolutely terrible, and overall the sound is just so dampened, you can hardly make it out. i use stealthplug and have tried plugging into my amp, and into speakers, but either way the tone is garbage.
yer right on the money. i say wait a generation or 2 with the digital modeling technology, it's ahead of it's time in a bad way. soon home computer's will have enough processing power for intricate simulation software in high definition sound. you can already see a shift in the recording software plug-in arena. they have these phenomenol cards with mulitple processors, each with multiple cores, just to reinforce your computer's processing power so that you can run 2 or 3 plug-ins. wow! it cost a ton too.

in 5 to 10 years it'll be guitarists with blue tooth style wireless interfaces going into computers that run lines out to the PA or something. and it'll sound great. it'll be different.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
yer right on the money. i say wait a generation or 2 with the digital modeling technology, it's ahead of it's time in a bad way. soon home computer's will have enough processing power for intricate simulation software in high definition sound. you can already see a shift in the recording software plug-in arena. they have these phenomenol cards with mulitple processors, each with multiple cores, just to reinforce your computer's processing power so that you can run 2 or 3 plug-ins. wow! it cost a ton too.

in 5 to 10 years it'll be guitarists with blue tooth style wireless interfaces going into computers that run lines out to the PA or something. and it'll sound great. it'll be different.

GOLD tooth. Technology is like Pokemon.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by Dudeman5000
GOLD tooth. Technology is like Pokemon.

^^ This is the best advice here
Quote by tknick90
is it just me, or do all you have trouble getting a half way decent sound out of amp modeling software (amplitube, guitar rig 3, etc.). the distortion sounds absolutely terrible, and overall the sound is just so dampened, you can hardly make it out. i use stealthplug and have tried plugging into my amp, and into speakers, but either way the tone is garbage.

sometimes it's also the speakers you use...please please PLEASE don't record and/or mix with stock computer speakers, they are NOT set for the correct frequency ranges. I am getting some studio monitors next week from work to start using, and I currently was using a set of stereo noise cancelling studio headphones with a 10hz-30,000khz range and the sound is quite good. You still need to tweak the heck out of some of the presets, but I'm using a Line 6 1st generation Toneport GX and cubase, and it's coming out quite good. Just try with a really good set of headphones and see if there is a difference. I found it helped mine sound far less digitized, but it's all about experimentation. Home recording for instant awesomeness is taking pre-recorded patches in garageband or sequel 2 and copy/pasting the bejesus out of them - don't be that guy .
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Last edited by Demon_dave at Aug 19, 2009,