I went into a local shop today and of all things i spotted a Peavey classic 30. Well from afar it didn't look bad, so i checked it out a little bit and lo and behold it had no tubes. Knowing that tubes won't cost a ton to replace, i asked the clerk " how much you selling the Peavey Classic 30 for?" He replied 80 bucks! This blew me away! 80 bucks for a used Peavey Classic 30 without tubes!!! I got all the info on it and reserved it so i could check a few more things.

I plugged it into an outlet and it turned on so thats a good thing. I don't know what year it is but i made sure to get all the info on it. The Serial # is 11128469 but i don't know if that will tell me the year it was made in. Could i get a little help from some fellow UG'ers?
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Who cares about the info!!! Run down there and get that beast!!!!!!!
yeah dude, if it works go buy it, getcha some tubes, and if you hate it, im positive you could sell it for more than 80 bucks
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
BTW I believe at the Peavey site they have a place where if you email the serial to them they will fill you in on the details..... uh cancel that. From the Peavey Site "Peavey Electronics is very proud of its long tradition of building quality products that can bring a lifetime of service and enjoyment. The year 2010 will mark our 45th year in business, and we wish to sincerely thank our customers for their support. Without you, we obviously would not be here.

Due to the volume of quality products that have been manufactured and sold over time, Peavey gets an ever-increasing number of requests for “born on dates” for older products. Unfortunately the archive containing this old serial number information has a problem and is currently shut down.
For this reason, we are currently unable to respond to these requests. At this time, I do not know whether this situation is temporary or permanent.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. We assure you that Peavey Electronics will continue it's a tradition of working hard to insure that our customers get the best possible quality, value, and service."
thanks guys... this was what i was trying to explain to my mom. she didn't understand that though saying that i didn't need anymore guitar gear. and if i get tubes i'm sure i could easily sell it for more than 80 bucks plust the cost of tubes!
Guitars:
Amps:
Pedulz:
Quote by B. Heath
thanks guys... this was what i was trying to explain to my mom. she didn't understand that though saying that i didn't need anymore guitar gear. and if i get tubes i'm sure i could easily sell it for more than 80 bucks plust the cost of tubes!

You'll end up wanting to keep it.
Good luck, hope you get it. You could easily clean it up and get your money back out of it.
Quote by B. Heath
I went into a local shop today and of all things i spotted a Peavey classic 30. Well from afar it didn't look bad, so i checked it out a little bit and lo and behold it had no tubes. Knowing that tubes won't cost a ton to replace, i asked the clerk " how much you selling the Peavey Classic 30 for?" He replied 80 bucks! This blew me away! 80 bucks for a used Peavey Classic 30 without tubes!!! I got all the info on it and reserved it so i could check a few more things.

I plugged it into an outlet and it turned on so thats a good thing. I don't know what year it is but i made sure to get all the info on it. The Serial # is 11128469 but i don't know if that will tell me the year it was made in. Could i get a little help from some fellow UG'ers?

Did I just read that right?

You don't want to turn on an amp without tubes in it. It could ruin it. Otherwise, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
ill give you $81 for it
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Ill give you 82$
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Did I just read that right?

You don't want to turn on an amp without tubes in it. It could ruin it. Otherwise, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Oh well it was for like ten seconds. i didn't play through it. I just made sure the power would work! would that damage it too?

edit: so its highly likely that I'm gonna buy the amp. I'm gonna spruce it up a little cause i can't stand a dirty amp! What tubes would you recommend? I see that the Classic 30 takes four EL84's and three 12AX7's.
Guitars:
Amps:
Pedulz:
Last edited by B. Heath at Aug 19, 2009,
Turning it on without tubes is just fine, it won't hurt anything, but it's not going to do anything either.
Quote by khfan23
Ill give you 82$

oh, i see i have a challenger
$82.50
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Yeah, go get that thing man! I'm sure with the new tubes and such, you could probably turn it around for 250+ easily. There was a classic 30 in my local shop, decently beat up but still in good shape, sold for 350 in a week.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60