Page 3 of 4
The Crypt will be a 2 or 3lp set most likely, in a big boxset....usually go for 50/60e.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
"DARK DESCENT RECORDS / THE CRYPT PRESENT TIMEGHOUL (USA) CD/LP

For the first time ever on CD and Vinyl, Dark Descent Records and The Crypt have joined forces once again to proudly present the complete discography from the legendary Science Fiction / Fantasy Death Metal band TIMEGHOUL (USA).

Born in the Midwest United States in 1987, Doom’s Lyre remained relatively quiet, recording no material before changing their name. In 1991, Doom’s Lyre, now renamed Timeghoul, set out by releasing two demos; 1992’s Tumultuous Travelings and 1994’s Panaramic Twilight.
Largely ignored and mostly forgotten, these recordings did not receive the recognition they deserved until years later.

Timeghoul’s eclectic and complex style of US death metal started to gain momentum within the underground as overlooked and classic material.
Prepare for one of the most unique and complex death metal offerings the early 90's had to offer.

CD version by Dark Descent Records and Vinyl version by The Crypt.

More news to come...

http://www.darkdescentrecords.com
http://www.darksymphonies.com
http://www.myspace.com/timeghoul

Demos have been re-mastered for both formats keeping the original sound intact.

Artwork has been expertly penned by Mark Riddick. Behold!"

"

oh yes
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
oh hell yes
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Weird, the Dark Descent dude just posted the news today. Maybe it was just for the artwork ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Haha yeah I posted that aeons ago. Artwork was done last week though, looks cool.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
AAAWWW YES.

Also, hype from almost a week ago:
I'm listening to the just received re-mastered Timeghoul tracks.

Shit just got real. Artwork is being penned now.

Comments about the remastering:
(...) didn't do much except clean up some back ground noise and make it more suitable for easy listening. To me, drums sound better. Nothing majorly ****ed with.
When one buys the reissue. Few months away Id say. Cant wait!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I am buying this when it comes out. That artwork looks fantastic.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Spaced off my tits with tiredness is the best time to cross the galaxy with Timeghoul.

Behold Mimas
Shrouded moon of Saturn
Brandishing a crater
The girth of a mountain

Can't believe how goofy they come across in the live videos though.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Haha, yeah they're total nerds.

I don't know why, but I often start repeating Timeghoul lyrics in my head at work, haha. I think they're simply so awesome that they just pop into your head like that. It's been a while since I gave em a good listen though. I should fix that soon.
I'm going to listen to this right now while I type my law paper.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by severed-metal
Preorders, dig in boys.

http://www.darksymphonies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS_666&Product_Code=CDS02BH

EDIT: In case you missed the last CD, Dark Descent are doing a repress. Just a heads up.

Dark Descent is seriously awesome. They give my state such a good name.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by severed-metal
Somebody has to.

Actually there's a fair few pretty good to really good up-and-coming bands in Colorado too. Or just obscure but good ones.

Namely, I'm thinking of Velnias, Stoic Dissention, The Flight of Sleipnir, and a few others who are embryonic but show potential. And there's also the fact that my state produced Satan's Host and Jag Panzer, for those that dig those bands.

Edit: Now, beyond music, my state is probably also one of the much better ones in this insane conglomerate we like to call the USA.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Mar 1, 2013,
That's the cheapest crypt release yet! Still gonna stick with the cd though. Play it regularly still, especially driving at night.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Burning_Angel

Actually there's a fair few pretty good to really good up-and-coming bands in Colorado too. Or just obscure but good ones.

Namely, I'm thinking of Velnias, Stoic Dissention, The Flight of Sleipnir, and a few others who are embryonic but show potential. And there's also the fact that my state produced Satan's Host and Jag Panzer, for those that dig those bands.

Edit: Now, beyond music, my state is probably also one of the much better ones in this insane conglomerate we like to call the USA.

I'm ashamed to say where I am from in this insane country.

At least we gave the world Watchtower, Rigor Mortis, Necrovore, and Birth A.D; nonetheless, I still do not think this rectifies some of the crazy ass legislation put forth here.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Stranglehold
That's the cheapest crypt release yet! Still gonna stick with the cd though. Play it regularly still, especially driving at night.

I was genuinely surprised at how little it cost, considering the normal prices are around $45-60. So, great deal for sure.
Quote by Sanitarium91
Finally got around to finishing the Timeghoul tab I was working on, thought I'd share it here in case people are still interested:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/timeghoul/occurence_on_mimas_guitar_pro.htm
That sounds great!! I imagine those 3-part harmonies must have been a bitch to work out, but none of it sounds off and the sickening, almost "alien" sound is preserved. Nice work.

8/8 is just 4/4 though
Last edited by Steve08 at Jun 13, 2013,
Quote by Steve08
That sounds great!! I imagine those 3-part harmonies must have been a bitch to work out, but none of it sounds off and the sickening, almost "alien" sound is preserved. Nice work.

8/8 is just 4/4 though
Cheers! Ha, I know mate, I probably put 8/8 there just for convenience since it alternates with odd eight-based signatures. But anyway, some of that stuff was pretty hard to pick out indeed. Surprisingly though, the 3-part harmonies came together fairly well because the panned guitars helped a lot. Some of the full-blown blurry chromatic craziness in some parts was probably what gave me the most doubts. Glad to hear that it doesn't sound totally off though.
dude, you are A GOD, the prime being
you impaled every other tab ever made on the crumbled pillars of the millenia
hahahaha

[yes I know, different song, but it needed to be said]

Also, lol I sent you a message about it not too long ago hahaha.
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Jun 13, 2013,
Brilliant tab. Might take a crack at some of it this weekend.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
haha thank the ghoul I decided to do that then. Hopefully that tab will sorta help me understand their riffing more so I can carry on transcribing other songs. Check your messages, any chance you can get that weird chord riff at like 1 minute into Rain Wound? haha

agh man it's so sad I could not get my hands on that Silver Splatter LP :/
You're Mr. Chthe'ilist. I love you too.

I have my fingers crossed to have the motivation to tab out The Siege some time. The first demo is so rough that it's even harder to transcribe though. :/
if by motivation you mean people supporting you I'm sure there's plenty haha. I could always try to contribute as well.