what the hell do they do?

i just bought a ec-1000 and i love the guitar but ive never heard of sperzel until i got it.

i havent restrung the guitar yet so im not sure sure how the "locking tuners" come in to play.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
You turn the bottom piece to release a piece of steel inside of the tuner that pressed up against the string to change them. Then you tighten it to force the steel pin back up and hold the string in place, keeping slippage to a minimum.

Basically, they keep you're guitar in tune better then regular tuners, and make restringing marginally easier to do.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by C/ruel
You turn the bottom piece to release a piece of steel inside of the tuner that pressed up against the string to change them. Then you tighten it to force the steel pin back up and hold the string in place, keeping slippage to a minimum.

Basically, they keep you're guitar in tune better then regular tuners, and make restringing marginally easier to do.

everything you said made me happy. ive been having problems keeping in tune and re stringing. on my Ex-400BD for awhile and those have regular grover tuners.

thanks for the help.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Yes ive got the same model EC1000, the locking tuners are GREAT. After my last setup ive barely had to retune my guitar, and that was a month and a half ago! I dont know why you would be having problems with your Ex400, make sure you string enough slack around the posts.
Quote by TheCalvinator
Yes ive got the same model EC1000, the locking tuners are GREAT. After my last setup ive barely had to retune my guitar, and that was a month and a half ago! I dont know why you would be having problems with your Ex400, make sure you string enough slack around the posts.

its only the g string and im pretty sure i didnt put enough slack on it. and yeah now that i understand how they work i see how intune my guitar stays.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150