I was inspired by the thread about tele players, and I need some help. I've been meaning to learn some Floyd tunes, and I figure I'll start with some old stuff that I'm not too familiar with. Can someone recommend an album that's really tele-heavy? I love Gilmour, but I'm not too picky right now, since I know both guys used Teles for a while. I'm thinking Piper or Atom Heart, but I don't own either so I don't know which to go for. I will be legally purchasing it, as well (if I can't find the disc somewhere in my mom's old cd collection). Thanks!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Look at the A Saucerful of Secrets album, that's the only one I know of where Gilmour uses a Tele.

EDIT: Apparently he also uses a Tele on Dogs off the Animals album.

I found this website to be helpful:
http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=194

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Last edited by edbert at Aug 19, 2009,
Thanks! I completely forgot to check Gilmourish. I guess I'm thinking more in the Barrett mindset here, because I've never listened to that era of Pink Floyd. I'm pretty familiar with most post-Barrett stuff, so yeah. Thanks, though!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Thanks! I completely forgot to check Gilmourish. I guess I'm thinking more in the Barrett mindset here, because I've never listened to that era of Pink Floyd. I'm pretty familiar with most post-Barrett stuff, so yeah. Thanks, though!

No prob man, and yeah listen to The Piper at the Gates of Dawn album as well, it's definitely different than post-Barrett era Floyd but just about as good IMO.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.