Heya
I've been browsing around a lot recently, trying to find some good 7 strings and I've found two which are almost exactly to my liking.

However, I can't choose between these two [] :

http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptorpro7.html

http://www.guitar.co.uk/schecter/2344-schecter_demon_7_fr_electric_guitar

I've been pondering over quite a few things, including the pickups - I've heard Duncan Designed pickups aren't great, but I've heard mixed about the EMG 707s... Plus, both of them have 'licenced' trems, so which one's better, I'm not sure...
Also, the cutaway on the Schecter makes it seem a bit tricky to reach the higher frets, as opposed to the Agile [which has a neck-thru constuction].
Another thing, for me, is the looks - The green Agile looks so damn sexy!!

My budget's around £400 [Yes, I'm from the UK].

So, dudes of both genders, could you help me out?

Edit:
The Schecter's £388 - including shipping- or $640, but the Agile's [including shipping] about £430 [$710]. However I then have the tax...
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Aug 19, 2009,
The Agile is gonna cost alot more considering you need to ship it to the UK, you need to buy the hardshell case, and customs. The Agile is probaly better.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
those schecters feel like plastic and the agile will have a thinner, flatter neck (not by much tho) it is neck thru so there is no bolt on, and it has waaaayyy better fret access. If you are going to play in standard or Bb standard get 25.5" anything lower go for 27"

summary: agile

EDIT: more to say, yeah duncan designed pickups are balls, they suck. EMG 707's are the best pickups for 7 strings if you play metal. the licensed trems aren't bad, but they're not good either. Just dont go doing crazy things on it. If you just use it as a vibrato it will stay in tune fine. Otherwise swap it out or get a tremol-no (you can still use it as a trem, despite its name, with this installed and this will keep it from going out of tune.)

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
those schecters feel like plastic and the agile will have a thinner, flatter neck (not by much tho) it is neck thru so there is no bolt on, and it has waaaayyy better fret access. If you are going to play in standard or Bb standard get 25.5" anything lower go for 27"

summary: agile

EDIT: more to say, yeah duncan designed pickups are balls, they suck. EMG 707's are the best pickups for 7 strings if you play metal. the licensed trems aren't bad, but they're not good either. Just dont go doing crazy things on it. If you just use it as a vibrato it will stay in tune fine. Otherwise swap it out or get a tremol-no (you can still use it as a trem, despite its name, with this installed and this will keep it from going out of tune.)

Cheers, looks I'll be waiting a short while longer for tthe Agile, then

Edit: btw, what if I alternate between standard and low tunings? G#, for example?
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Aug 19, 2009,
Uhm, if you're getting a 7 string period I wouldn't go less than 26.5", which is what Schecter uses (although I've heard the normal scale Ibbys are nice). Get the 27" scale one, because you'd still need some heavy strings for there to be any good amount of tension on even the low B, let alone one tuned down.

Also, if you don't like the 707's, just pop them out and trade them at a store for some 81-7's if you can.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 19, 2009,