Hi, my birthday is coming up soon and I want to get a new amp. I play heavy metal like Children of Bodom but I also want a nice clean tone for some blues. I have looked at the Peavey Vypyr and Vox VT-50. My budget is somewhere around 600$.
Any amps that you would recommend for my playing?

Edit: Do you think MG4 series would suit me?
Last edited by SynAce at Aug 19, 2009,
hmm both are good I like the vox tone alittle bit more but the peavey does alot more, I think you can get a vox vt50 xl for like 250 dollars now, id get that then a eq pedal to help getting that tone
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
You'd get better advice in GG&A.

I'd go for a tube combo, size depending on whether or not you gig. You can get a pretty nice one for $600. 5150 with an EQ and chorus pedal to clean it up maybe?

EDIT: ^ That is if you can go used.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Last edited by edbert at Aug 19, 2009,
OH!!! Bugera 333xl!!!!! Heard one today and fell in love with Bugera Amps. Im looking into getting the Bugera V22.
Quote by edbert
You'd get better advice in GG&A.

I'd go for a tube combo, size depending on whether or not you gig. You can get a pretty nice one for $600. 5150 with an EQ and chorus pedal to clean it up maybe?

EDIT: ^ That is if you can go used.

I do small gigs.
I will post this in GG&A to see what they say.
if you have a good distortion pedal get the fender frontman 65r i have it and it sounds great providing you're using a distortion pedal
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Fender MIM HSS Strat
Whammy
Crybaby
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Proco Rat
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
EHX Small Clone
EHX Pulsar Tremolo
Boss RE 20 Space Echo
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Fender Frontman 65R
I play a through a KJL D30. Definitely NOT a metal amp by any means. But thats not what its for, I dont play metal. For 600 you should check ebay, I know that 5150s go for about 550-800. do it. oh and check out KJL too. Kenny builds a solid amp.

I am in no way associated with KJL either, I just try to spread the word. He is very small and only builds 20 amps a year.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Ceriatone Ceriatone Ceriatone.

Check out their British or American style clones (Fender Marshall/Vox).

If you have someone or are willing to build them yourself, you can build any one of them or you can build the Ceriatone ODS (Dumble clone). Has a fantastic clean channel and a pretty good bluesy/rock sound (SRV used Dumble, as did EJ in the 80s, and some other people.)