Can anyone give me the most 7-string tunings you know of, or all the 7-strings tunings if you know them?
Thanks
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
Normal 7 string tuning is BEADGBE right? Just take varieties on that by Dropping to A#EADGBE or something. Wouldn't know why to go lower or higher.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Hmm good point, but I just want to know for music purposes
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
i sometimes put it in Drop A, A standard, Bb Eb Ab Db F bb eb and various drop tunings and such
Last edited by 7stringusr at Aug 19, 2009,
Take all of your normal 6 string tunings, then throw a fourth lower string (or fifth if you do drops).

GOREDIT: Worded that badly, I meant that the 7th string is either a fourth interval or fifth interval lower than the Low E String.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Aug 19, 2009,
What I plan on doing if I get a 7 (preferebly an 8 string) is dropping every string down a step to ADGCFAD and then dropping the A down to the D below the 6th string. This would work really well with an 8 string, since you could just drop the F# down to a B, but still have that low (in comparison to the 6th string) B. I'm probably gonna still put it a step-down though.
tune it how you like - it's not like the tuning police are going to come and get you if you're not in standard.

dropping too low though starts to get annoying if you're a bassist though - the guitarist ends up playing all the notes of out of your range so anything you do sounds daft and muddy...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
tune it how you like - it's not like the tuning police are going to come and get you if you're not in standard.

This^

There are lots to play around with. Try open tunings of chords that you like, or just play around with the nuts until you get a tuning you like.
I'm generally in standard BEADGBE, but I like ADADGAD as well.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

how about we all just tune 3 octaves down since flapping strings are brutal

me personally, i just use the standard tuning, drop A tuning and sometimes even tune my 7 string to B E A D F# B E .... which is like standard tuning 2 1/2 steps down with an extra high string tuned in 4ths (like normal)
^that's a cool idea. I've never thought about that.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by z4twenny
how about we all just tune 3 octaves down since flapping strings are brutal

Aimed at me?
I use BEADgbe, BbEADgbe, AEADgbe, and BEADf#be for everything aside from dicking around.

Generally going much lower will just lose you your bassist, who was already probably quite hard to find.