Ok the thing is.. i started playing guitar last year.. im doing pretty good i think.. I want to practice my sweep picking more but the problem is.. that all that are in the exercises thread are insane o.O

Any songs recommendation?
I can sweep songs like.. Agape, Afterlife, Saul Of Tarsus, Immanuel (the challenger) <- this one has sweep tapping , Beyond the dark sun (110bpm).. that's easy for me but some complicated shapes like Altitudes or Winter Madness are just driving me crazy =/ any suggestion

Basically, im asking for a song that isn't boring but not impossible
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Aug 19, 2009,
Searchbar: there have been a ton of threads on this subject.

Try the solo to Conquer All by Behemoth

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=686733

*reported*
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Last edited by XxDethmetalxX at Aug 19, 2009,
I did use searchbar.. but no one has the same skills than me.. i mean some are worse and some are really better.. that's why I said not boring but not impossible.

I used the searchbar and only found easy stuff like Dethklok & Lepper Messiah and stuff like that.. and insane things like psalm of lydia, altitudes..

But what the hell.. im just gonna write my own stuff.. thank you anyways
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Aug 19, 2009,
Honestly, I think you should be prepared for the possibility that sweep picking, at least in the capacity you're think of, could be slightly outside your league for how long you've been practicing. There are a few pre-requisites for practicing sweep picking with any kind of success. I'm not making any assumptions as to your skill, but you could very well be trying to run before you've learned to walk.

If you're determined, however, I recommend the Guitar world Ultimate DVD guide "Super Shred" with Jeff Loomis. There are some great exercises there. It even comes with a nifty little workbook with the sheet music to everything he's showing. His diminished runs are insane.

Evaluate what you can do and what you can't do, and find material that is the next step up. Practice it until you got it down, then move up in increments. Pretty simple.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Aug 19, 2009,
I think you should learn the major, minor, and diminished arpeggios, and try to shift from 5 to 6-string forms of each arpeggio (I used 5 and 6 as an example but you can use different numbers of strings too). You can also try learning to tap notes on the top and make it sound clean. Start off slowly and increase speed. Do not increase your speed until you're comfortable at the speed you're at.
Selkies - BTBAM
It's not easy, but the shapes are not too hard.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Practice slower.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Ok the thing is.. i started playing guitar last year.. im doing pretty good i think.. I want to practice my sweep picking more but the problem is.. that all that are in the exercises thread are insane o.O

Any songs recommendation?
I can sweep songs like.. Agape, Afterlife, Saul Of Tarsus, Immanuel (the challenger) <- this one has sweep tapping , Beyond the dark sun (110bpm).. that's easy for me but some complicated shapes like Altitudes or Winter Madness are just driving me crazy =/ any suggestion

Basically, im asking for a song that isn't boring but not impossible

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091788

Thread in the sticky... Lots of songs for different techniques.