I love this song by Aerosmith but im a bit confused as to what scales Joe perry is using? I've tried Am Pentatonic, A major, Dm Pentatonic, and D Major but none of these sound good when i'm playing along with it. So if any of you can help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
having quickly skim read the tab most of the solo seems to be in Em pentatonic with a few natural 6ths thrown in - if you play around with that you should be alright.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
That A pedal tone in the main riff should be a massive clue as the key of the song. However, for the solo the backing very obviously modulates to Em.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
That A pedal tone in the main riff should be a massive clue as the key of the song. However, for the solo the backing very obviously modulates to Em.

awesome thanks for the help guys i figured the main Key of the song must be A because of the main riff, but was thrown for a loop at the solo cause A major and Am Pent. didnt sound right, thanks for clearing up that he changes to Em for the solo
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C