Title says it all, well in terms of Fender basses of course.
Madagascar.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Russia.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
title says what? your an idiot, give me back these 10 seconds...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Let's not please...

Quote by SPBY
title says what? your an idiot, give me back these 10 seconds...

I can't even tell if you're being serious. Maybe if you read the next 8 words of my sentence you would know.
Last edited by abcba at Aug 19, 2009,
Best to worst, American, Mexican, Jap. That's all there is to it. I'm not going to elaborate.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
fuck... that sad face makes me feel guilty... you asshole...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SimplyStrings
Best to worst, American, Mexican, Jap. That's all there is to it. I'm not going to elaborate.

Yep, all done, except for the fact that Mexicans are quite a bit worse than Japanese basses. Japanese Fenders can rival a lot of the Americans in quality.
Here, lets see if I can make a decent statement about this question instead of being incredibly stuck up. Mexican Fenders have an occasional gem hidden around them, but i find most to be in the 3-6/10 with the odd 7/10. Jap Fenders have better QC than mexicans but are seem to float a bit above MIMs. American fenders, in my experience, have been constant 7-10/10 for me.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
Luck of the draw I'd say. They're are crap Americans, They're are Mexi's worth their weight in gold. But for general quality American is ranked highest, Mexi is lowest, Japs are higher mids. (:
Try adding more delay.
Quote by SimplyStrings

???
Where in the world do your Japanese basses come from?
It goes American > Japanese > Mexican. I personally aim not to buy anything that isn't made in Japan, as it's the best money to quality value.

EDIT: That and, while you sometimes stumble upon really, really poorly-constructed USA Fenders, the Japanese ones are usually pretty consistant.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Aug 19, 2009,
[quote="'[EricS"]']Considering Fender is an AMERICAN company....
whose instruments are built in several countries.
Quote by toyboxmonster
whose instruments are built in several countries.

heh rofls xD

ampeg
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
God I hate guitar players.

Anyway, American Fenders are better than their Mexican counterparts in every way. Mexicans are meant to be more straightforward, affordable version of the American (real) instruments.

Japanese made basses are right up there with the American stuff - it's just the types of basses they make are typically special edition stuff - not the normal stuff. There's no Japanese made bog-standard Jazzes or Precisions. They don't directly compete with the American Fenders because they always have some special feature. Perfect example - '51 Precision, or the Jaguar.

Now, before more idiot guitar players give me idiot headaches, /thread.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Why does everyone always forget Korea Why!
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Why does everyone always forget Korea Why!

Name four currently-produced Korean Fenders.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^I was just going to say... I own the only Korean made bass I can even think of. I don't even think Fender makes it any more though... At least it's not on their site (except for the large backsplash on the bass pages) Shame really.
Well i was just pointing out that i own one of fenders better cheaper creations made in korea.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
A bass that's discontinued, along with the only other MIK bass, the Big Block Precision.
Quote by Cody_Grey102