Hi, I've recently been looking for a new amp, and making a lot of threads, I know, I know...

Anyways, I have pretty much decided on the Egnater Rebel 30 Combo, but I emailed the Tone King (That Youtube Guy) And he suggested a Spider Valve. My budget is up to $800, I can maybe stretch to $850. I play Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Lighter Metal, and Cleans are pretty important to me. I live in the USA, and I prefer not to go used unless I can try the amp first. I will be doing small gigs, but nothing that the Rebel couldn't handle.

So, I tried both amps out, and liked both, but found them really hard to compare. What do you all think about these amps? Also, my current gear is in my sig.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
They're a lot better than the Spider III's. It looks like you play a wide variety of music, so their versatility might suit you well. Like I've said in other threads, they do everything very well, but nothing exceptionally well.
This is my sig
Would I do better to get one of those, or a used Vetta?
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
probably a used vetta. How's the Rebel 30 btw? I've been wanting to try one
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
They are great except the cost of a new one is kinda expensive...However if you pm matrixclaw he has a promo code for a 112 that makes it 450 at MF, due to a price match. If it wasnt for the price tag of them they would be selling alot more

other options used vetta,Traynor 50 Blue, Used Mesa F series, If you're lucky used mark III
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
It's a love/hate relationship at my shop...regardless of what tone elitists will say, it's better than a spider standard...BUT.....there is no way to disconnect the digital spider pre-amp FROM the bogner chassis...so for some tone purists it's considered a huge waste of money....some players however notice an improvement to the sound, and want those presets/effects/amp models without running a huge whack of expensive boutique pedals and/or spending $1000+ on the amp. These days the 1x12 40 watt spidervalve is selling at our shop for $699 CDN, so it is about the least expensive "tube" amp going for that power range. We've sold about 6 since we started carrying them, only one person sold it after 3 months for a Fender...but he's also a real estate agent who had lots of spare money to blow.

My opinion for what it's worth...I probably wouldn't drop the money on it for an at home practice amp...I'd buy a blues jr. or some such smaller amp and use a few pedals through it for about the same cost, but if I was back in gigging mode, it's way cheaper than a half stack, and has the balls to keep up with a band for hard rock/metal (what I would be playing anyways). Good value for what it is...but again, if you're a tone purist, I'd say avoid it like the plague.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by mexican_shred
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181255&page=4&pp=20&highlight=spider+valve

ragging_kitty talks about the two mods to make it better on that page

and on the last page is matrix claws offer

Oh my god, I have been noticed on UG... its a cause for celebration!

ahem, yeah well, its better than a Spider III fer sure. I view it as a very cheap scaled down digital rack amp with a power tube (designed by Bogner no less) somewhere in the chain. If you think in that perspective, its a pretty decent amp.

Plus the patches and memory recall are useful if you don't want to walk to your amp as I have mentioned.

If you want to get Metallica's tone on tap, then Vai's tone on tap, then Trent Renzor's tone on tap... the Spider Valve does the job.

If you want a studio quality reproduction of the tone, I think you'll need more money.

However, the built in effects... well... leaves something to be desired. haha.

P.S. My friend is convinced that the Spider Valve reproduces the tone from "For the Love of God" very well... I think its about 90% there. Yeah its not quite there, but for the prices of the SV, its pretty decent. So maybe you can use that as a gauge.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
what is on your local craigslist? $900 goes a long way these days. the sv is decent, but you could probably do better.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The only thing I see on my craigslist (Gainesville, FL) is a Peavey XXX Halfstack for $800. Actually, that's a pretty good deal too, but I just don't think I need a 4x12 stack right now. Opinions????

EDIT: There's also a Peavey Classic 50 212 for $550.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
spider valve heads like 450....where all yall gettin these crazy high prices
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
EDIT: There's also a Peavey Classic 50 212 for $550.

That's a friggin steal if it's in good shape.
Plenty of dough left over for some pedals like OverDrive/Distorition/Delay etc..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear