Page 1 of 2
I dunno about you guys, but i just love to restring my guitar. I guess I'm a bit OCD but i tend to want to fiddle around with things and i find restringing the guitar really satisfies that need. Also, you get to wipe down the fretboard and clean up your guitar a bit. And obviously the guitar will sound loads better and play so smoothly afterwards

Anyone else like restringing their guitar?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
all but my trem equipped ones...
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Yeah, I just restrung mine about an hour ago, I like the newness and cleaning all the oil off the fretboard, but my guitar has a floyd rose trem and it is a pain in the ass to tune initially.
I love restringing and setting up my guitar In fact, I just restrung one and set the action and everything yesterday. Also worked on some intonation, but it's a mutt so that's not turning out so well .

I would really like to get a job as a guitar tech somewhere so I can do this shit all day

And yes, both of my guitars are Floyd equipped
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I'm pretty weird ...

I love stringing my guitar, but for some reason I don't feel like playing it afterwards
I like it for about 2 of them, then I'm sick of it because it takes too damn long
I'm FAT!
Man i couldn't imagine restringing a floyd rose guitar. Way to complicated
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
restringing i dont mind but playing it right after doing it is a bitch. i hate stretching the strings out and how they sound the first few days. i wish they would come pre stretched and sound broken in already
Quote by SinSyringe
The floating trem on my ibanez looks like it could make things troublesome, I'm hoping that I never have to restring (dont shatter my dreams )

first guitar?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
I love to change my strings [only in the night] and lovingly tune each one a step up and try to keep 'em like that overnight to let them stretch. I just did it last night. Cleaned my fretboard and spit shined my hardware. And I cleaned the rest of the guitar too.

I guess you're not the only weird one.
Huh i wonder if there's a group for this
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I'll make one

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

I have a question. Is guitar polish really worth it. I have a cheaper guitar (Epiphone Les Paul jr.) I'm thinking of getting some polish to use when restringing. Any suggestions?
I love the smell of my fingers after I change strings, especially on my acoustic! I don't like the way my wallet looks after frequently changing all of my guitars' strings though....
Quote by hell_monkey

It's really not all that difficult.
Setting the intonation can be a much bigger pain in the ass, especially if you don't have something like The Key from Stew-Mac.
Handiest thing you can do to make it less painful is to temporarily block off the trem block (or put a thin-but-strong strip of either wood or metal underneath the tail-end of the FR to keep it in place).
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/setupjunkies/

Gather all ye guitar setup junkies! the only 12 step programs we offer are for eliminating string buzz and ensuring perfectly comfortable action!

Stupid name.

Actually I like that and the jangly sound of the strings the first couple of days.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
i love restringing my guitar, i got pissed off because a few weeks ago i restrung my guitar with specialy corrosion treated strings so now i dont have a reason to cange them yet
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
i hate it, but i love the feel and sound when it's done. i guess i look forward to that WHILE i'm doing it lol i miss my locking tuners
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
It's up there with mowing the lawn and washing the car when it comes to entertainment - dull to do, happens about once a month, but the results are worth it.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
I never like to change strings. . .well I do, it's great to clean up and sort out the guitar, but it takes a while to get them feeling nice, and by that time it's time to change
I wish I could have good tone in old strings.
I don't like changing them but I try for hours to get the perfect setup everytime.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hate restringing my folyd rose takes way to long
but its worth it at the end
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
i love the process
even if it is FR
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Never restringed my firebird.
I don't how to retring one.
laugh all you want S: .
Quote by hell_monkey

I like restringing, it gives me a chance to give my guitar a good clean.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by RobinTrower12
I love the smell of my fingers after I change strings, especially on my acoustic! I don't like the way my wallet looks after frequently changing all of my guitars' strings though....

£7 it cost me for a pack of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys the other day. Unchuffed.

And I hate it as well. I hate setting up guitars too, but I can only do it for myself, cause it just isn't the same when someone else does it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i don't mind restringing my 6-a-side normal headstocks, it's reverse headstocks and 3-a-side that annoys me because i find the right hand side tuners difficult to work with for some reason...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I have a Crap floyd but I still love stringing it. sometimes I'll try and break them while playing for a reason to get new ones
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Its nice. I am getting better at restringing with a floating bridge now.
It's not as hard as a lot of people say!
Quote by Lil Macker
£7 it cost me for a pack of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys the other day. Unchuffed.

And I hate it as well. I hate setting up guitars too, but I can only do it for myself, cause it just isn't the same when someone else does it.

Ouch, they're about £5.50 round here

However after using EB's for about 4 years I thought I'd try some other string brands .... at the moment my favourite are the Rotosound Nexus ... which cost £12 a pack

as for the thread topic

I used to hate it till I bought one of these

http://store.daddario.com/category/146452?language_id=1&currency_id=1

Never takes long now.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I like restrining. It's a nice time to sitdown, smoke a joint, pop open a brew, clean down the fretboard polish and enjoy how everything is nice and shiny in the end.

And also to experiment with different restringing techniques. I've tried MR. Flibbles (my restringing around the post was messy, but the string did lock and stays in tune, a guys method that use to work for setup at DEAN, and my own ways.)
nothing beats a cleanly wiped fretboard. But man are my Floyds a bitch to do- I've given up on doing a Floyd myself a long, long time ago. Now I just bring it to the shop-

I feel like less of a man when I do this haha
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I enjoy cleaning the guitar and oiling the fingerboard more than stringing it. I always feel like it's a chore as soon as it comes to putting the strings back on.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
Page 1 of 2