Page 1 of 2
Not 15 minutes ago, right in front of my driveway. I was going about 50mph (55mph speed limit) on the decelleration to turn in, and I looked down to turn off my radio and check my speed and when I looked back up there was a deer sprinting in front of my truck.

I hit it on the left front bumper, it made a loud crashing, cracking noise and it tumbled off the road. It was a big buck, probably 4 points on each side.

Obviously I slowed down to make sure it got off the road and wasn't about to get hit by other cars.

Anyway, finished pulling into my driveway and checked my car.

At first glance it's not bad at all. There is a small 3-4inch crack in the plastic, nothing a little glue wouldn't fix, and the headlight fell out of it's socket and broke. The plastic headlight enclosure is loose.

What do I do pit? Report to insurance? How much would that cost to fix?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Doesnt sound like it would be something you need to report, the damage isnt great.

Its a good thing you didnt get hurt, deer are the most lethal animal on earth.
I'll have you know I'm with PETA, and I have dispatched people to your house to arrest you.

lolololololol
I'm a bit disappointed you didn't end the poor thing's misery with your bare hands then enjoy a nice venison meal.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
I wouldn't report it to insurance, those bitches will suck you dry of every penny they can from it.
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Quote by Justified Death
I'll have you know I'm with PETA, and I have dispatched people to your house to arrest you.

I live in the forest. There is a dead deer missing two legs about 200 feet from where I hit this one. Deer are everywhere here.
-Jim Morrison
That is up to you. If you think the damage is minor then go get it fixed on your own. If not then I suggest reporting it. Get an assessment on it at least. Then decide if you want to file a claim.
I wouldn't report it because they'll charge you way more over time on your bill than the cost of the damages. Just make it look like your car is fine in case the authorities are dealing with the corpse as you drive by or something.

EDIT: I don't know about elsewhere, but here in Ohio it's illegal to hit a deer and not report it.....it may even be considered a hit and run>.< not sure but it's the same idea.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Aug 19, 2009,
Just thought of the "No One Knows" video. Watch out.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Yeah dude, just call your insurance people and they'll sort it out. All you'll pay is the deductible. I hit a deer a couple months ago. It sucked.

Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
You just hit a deer and you are only caring about your car!!!

Well...the deer had it coming...and on a more non-sarcastic note...it's too late for the deer.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Yup.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

I was going to type out a long response about why deer are stupid, but I'll just let Louis CK do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9xCWphV8s
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by GNiCk89
Yeah dude, just call your insurance people and they'll sort it out. All you'll pay is the deductible. I hit a deer a couple months ago. It sucked.

actually, they'll probably raise your bill(...premium?) also. Just like when you're in any other kind of accident.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by GNiCk89

I think the bigger problem is that you drive a chick mobile
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I live in the forest. There is a dead deer missing two legs about 200 feet from where I hit this one. Deer are everywhere here.

So your genocide happens on a regular basis...

You bastard

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by la bamba
I think the bigger problem is that you drive a chick mobile

Yeah right, that bitch is a chick magnet.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Got a better idea? It's not like it's callin' for a rez or anything. It's done for, unlike his car which can actually be fixed.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by InvaderTSN
Did it explode? That would've been cool.

No, he did a pretty dramatic barrel roll for about 30 feet though.
-Jim Morrison
Also, my rates didn't increase or anything. I do wish I kept that deer though. That's good eatin'.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Quote by GNiCk89

I concur.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Got a better idea? It's not like it's callin' for a rez or anything. It's done for, unlike his car which can actually be fixed.

Well, OP said it lived. Though it will lead a life of despair, immobility, and "why me, god" moments. Again, OP should have put it out of its misery and feasted in its name.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by la bamba
Well, OP said it lived. Though it will lead a life of despair, immobility, and "why me, god" moments. Again, OP should have put it out of its misery and feasted in its name.

No thanks. I'm content with the fur that is stuck to my fender.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by GNiCk89

Yeah, high school freshmen who don't have cars.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
It's just that he said it in a mean way, like that he wanted to make sure it was off the road from the impact, and that his car gut dented. He just didn't say much like, I hit a dear. I feel back but my car in dented too. It was more like, I killed a deer and my car in damaged.
Quote by la bamba

Oh, yeah TS you should've ended it so it didn't have to suffer. That's why I always recommend you keep one of these in your trunk:

Also, tape a picture of Obama onto the receiver, it adds a +20 accuracy buff

EDIT: C'mon, it'll make for a funny story in the pit when you get pulled over and a cop finds a .50 in your trunk with Obama's picture on it
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Aug 19, 2009,
Well you live in the states, the deer there are small. If you hit a deer in Canada at that speed you car would be alot worse off.
sigh...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It's just that he said it in a mean way, like that he wanted to make sure it was off the road from the impact, and that his car gut dented. He just didn't say much like, I hit a dear. I feel back but my car in dented too. It was more like, I killed a deer and my car in damaged.

Look man, it's not like I'm too stoked that I hit a deer, but what's done is done and I can't do anything about it other than try to fix my truck. I'm sorry I didn't word it more sensitive towards the deer, I mean cmon. I work minimum wage, it's a big deal for me when something like this happens.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
No thanks. I'm content with the fur that is stuck to my fender.

That reminds me of a story. My dad was driving home from Houston when he heard a loud thump from the front of the car. He shook it off and when he got home, found a dead baby owl stuck in one of his headlights. A ****ing owl. It was insane.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Look man, it's not like I'm too stoked that I hit a deer, but what's done is done and I can't do anything about it other than try to fix my truck. I'm sorry I didn't word it more sensitive towards the deer, I mean cmon. I work minimum wage, it's a big deal for me when something like this happens.

I can't believe you let that thing suffer. Its family probably won't even take his worthless ass back in.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
yeah, unless your insurance sucks theyll cover it
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by SlinkyBlue

well your truck is still drivable. Isn't it? I mean... If I hit a dear and damaged my car a bit, I wouldn't care too much about my car for a while. That's just me. You hit it in front of your house, and first thing you did was check to see if your car was alright, then went on UG.
I would of went over to the poor deer, covered it or something with an old blanket, called animal control to come get it. Then thought about the dent.
Quote by enceps
Well you live in the states, the deer there are small. If you hit a deer in Canada at that speed you car would be alot worse off.

Umm those are called moose there sport. I don't know if you've ever been to the states but, the deer there are generally the same size
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Page 1 of 2