alright, so my guitar teacher and I are working on songs that use technical phrasing, two hand tapping, live improvization, blah blah blah: essentially math rock kind of bands.

now i know about bands like minus the bear, pele (from Milwaukee whoooo), tera melos, etc. but i need more. and not just the band names, but specific songs. songs with technical tapping/two hand tapping. i am asking you to do this for me because i'm lazy and don't want to listen to every song in every math rock band's catalog for really cool tapping riffs.

so basically just post the name of a song in this kind of genre that you think has a really cool tapping part or just a good math rocky riff

thanks
When my music meets your science, (they're the biggest of the giants)
Last edited by Mothma at Aug 19, 2009,
Dillinger Escape Plan - 43% Burnt

or Sugar Coated Sour (also Dillinger)

not sure how technical the songs are i just know theyre mathcore, theyre good and they have crazy fast parts in them haha
Bloodmeat by protest the hero has a cool tapping bit.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I dunno, something by The Fall of Troy maybe. The Dark Trail sounds like something thatd work. Not sure if it has tapping though. Might try some Dillinger Escape Plan too, although I dont think it has much tapping...
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Maps & Atlases - Every Place is a House
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Dakota/Dakota

It's the first Mike Sullivan and Colin Dekupier from Russian Circles were in together. Really amazing stuff.

Really, really great smooth, technically awesome stuff. It's a must.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by BullonParade
this. not a ton of tapping, but its math rock at its peak. check out their other EPs if you can get a hold of them.

interesting
which one do you recommend ?
thanks for all the suggestions guys! i see it's not helping just me. :p
i will check all of these out as soon as possible.
When my music meets your science, (they're the biggest of the giants)