So my friend suggested we do a battle of the bands thing for school. We have 4 or 5 local bands perform and we pick a winner, you know the standard battle of the bands. I'm not sure how to promote it or get bands interested in going to it. So how could I promote this thing and make bands want to play at it even though its gonna be at a school?
Our Speech and Debate team hosts Battle of the Bands at my school every year. They sponsor it and advertise for it. I recommend asking a club to host it and talk to your principle about putting up fliers. Make sure the other bands are sure to attend before doing it also. My friend and I ended up creating a guitar club soon after Battle of the Bands, and we host two concert a year. We had 4 bands show up and 46 students and 19 other people come to the show, so yeah. Hope I helped.
Last edited by Suffrin at Aug 19, 2009,
go to gigs and hand out fliers. Get people at your school to start bands. Make a BoTB club just for this event. One dedicated to finding bands and organizing the event.

Me and some friends aren't really in a club but we are constantly making music comps, lunchtime concerts, after-school tutorials. Just to get people interested in music

Put posters up around your area and school. But most importantly go to gigs, get on myspace, and get in contact with the young bands in your area.
Quote by mdwallin
go to gigs and hand out fliers. Get people at your school to start bands. Make a BoTB club just for this event. One dedicated to finding bands and organizing the event.

Me and some friends aren't really in a club but we are constantly making music comps, lunchtime concerts, after-school tutorials. Just to get people interested in music

Put posters up around your area and school. But most importantly go to gigs, get on myspace, and get in contact with the young bands in your area.

dude thats really about the best advice you could have given me. thank you a lot