This guitar is being built for me and started a while ago i just never thought of posting about it until now. It is based on the Hendrix monterey strat with some more "modern" features ive chosen. The body is 2 piece alder, and the neck is birdseye maple with rosewood 22 fret board with frets 12-22 scalloped and abalone dot inlays. I received the body and neck today and the rest of the guitar should be done this coming tuesday.

Here are a few pics.

* Im also a lefty so this guitar will be strung left handed
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Sorry for the big pics, and this would be a good time to explain why my tweed blues jr is brown, the original owner stained most of the amp brown but there are still patches of tweed on the sides and the whole inside is still tweed along with the inside of the back cover of the amp
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
What pups will you be using?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
It came down to some CS '69s or some cheaper GFS 64 vintage staggers, in my honest opinion the GFS pickups sounded better to my ears, alot more clear and less ice-picky. I havr the cash for either or and im going for the GFS at this point
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Looks nice. Is it airbrushed or hand-painted? The crisp lines look fantastic
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Also regarding the neck, it has 1 graphtech string tree, a corian nut, and dunlop 6100 fret wire.
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by la bamba
Looks nice. Is it airbrushed or hand-painted? The crisp lines look fantastic

It is all hand-painted
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Here's mine,All hand painted..It is setup to be played left-handed.
Quote by PTModIT
Here's mine,All hand painted.].It is setup to be played left-handed.

Nice work man! Do either of you have any tips on painting clear lines? Mine are coming out fuzzy/jagged . . .
Hi!

Sig Retired.
That's a beautiful paint job how much did it cost? Where did you get that guitar strap that's on you black guitar?
I researched this guitar and found a picture of a piece of the original guitar.The lines are jagged or sloppy.I did mine that way . The lines do look straight in the pic .Their not. You could pay a graphic artist to paint it.It would look nothing like the original.It would be to neat.But thats just me.
Quote by PTModIT
I researched this guitar and found a picture of a piece of the original guitar.The lines are jagged or sloppy.I did mine that way . The lines do look straight in the pic .Their not. You could pay a graphic artist to paint it.It would look nothing like the original.It would be to neat.But thats just me.

PTModIT your monterey strat has to be the best true to the original i have ever seen in my life! The artist who did mine did it more like the fender cs one. I like yours more because it is basically identical to jimi's, you did an amazing job.
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by YouWantToKillME
That's a beautiful paint job how much did it cost? Where did you get that guitar strap that's on you black guitar?

It was originally going to be 500 for the painted body but i got it for a little less because of a dimple in the paint on the back.

The strap on my black MIM strat is a levys hootenanny jacquard. It was like 25 canadian, or you can get the exact one from hippie straps for over 100 US
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Thanks, Like I said I viewed alot of video and pictures of Jimi playing his guitar.This one is actually my test guitar .It was repainted I think 3 times before I got the over spray the way It is in the videos.The guitar I'am actually going to use is still under my bed.Its been there around 3 years.
Quote by \m/, DylaN ,\m/
The strap on my black MIM strat is a levys hootenanny jacquard. It was like 25 canadian, or you can get the exact one from hippie straps for over 100 US

$100 dollarsDAMN!! How much would charge me to buy one for twenty five bucks and mail it to me in the us?

Edit
Never mind I found it on ebay could you tell me which pattern it is? I am almost certain it's number 10 but I would like to know for sure. Do you have any complaints about it?

Thanks

Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Aug 20, 2009,
Hi, Just letting you know that there are 2 leaves missing.They come off the red rose on the upper horn. Mine is missing to because thats a early pic of mine .I do have it now. If you need a pic of it I have one.

I did this for art class during my 11th grade year.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by YouWantToKillME
$100 dollarsDAMN!! How much would charge me to buy one for twenty five bucks and mail it to me in the us?

Edit
Never mind I found it on ebay could you tell me which pattern it is? I am almost certain it's number 10 but I would like to know for sure. Do you have any complaints about it?

Thanks

Hey, ya its number 10 i have absolutely no complaints about the strap, it stays on and its never fallen off while i was using it
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by PTModIT
Hi, Just letting you know that there are 2 leaves missing.They come off the red rose on the upper horn. Mine is missing to because thats a early pic of mine .I do have it now. If you need a pic of it I have one.

Hey, ya i know ones missing i ordered it that way because i thought the design flowed better without it.
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
please dont burn it, If you ever feel like it, remember they make squiers for a reason
This ones a keeper, dont worry about it ever burning
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff