I've been doing a bit of looking around I stumbled across this one. From the descriptions I've been reading it seems to be a good pedal and it's a great price.

The thing is that there isn't any place near me where I could test drive one.

Does MusiciansFriend have some kind of 10 day return policy or something?
What type of tones are you looking for, the III is not really an overdrive IMO.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
What would you call it?

I'm looking for something fairly modern sounding (by modern sounding I basically mean not bluesy/vintage) with a solid amount of gain that can handle metal.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by BurningStarlV
What would you call it?

I'm looking for something fairly modern sounding (by modern sounding I basically mean not bluesy/vintage) with a solid amount of gain that can handle metal.

Do you really need an OD pedal? Why not just get a good quality distortion. how heavy we talking?
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
You're not looking for the III if you want metal. At all. Its pretty much a glorified OD. That sounds very processed and lame.

I bought mine on sale for 30 around Christmas, and have used it about 5 times total.

For metal look at Boss if youre on a budget? That, and ive heard that the digitech hardwire is good, but ive never tried any myself.
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
Do you really need an OD pedal? Why not just get a good quality distortion. how heavy we talking?

While I don't play a lot of metal, it would be nice to have a pedal that can give me a good distortion that COULD handle metal and any other high gain rock (I like playing teh pr0gz). The distortion channel on the Deluxe just doesn't cut it. (don't get me wrong I love the amp it just isn't enough sometimes)

Throw the names of some good distortion pedals at me and I'll check em out.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Aug 20, 2009,
Don't get a damn DS-1 for metal, or any Boss Pedal that says Metal on it. (ie. metalcore, metalzone).

You amp's a tube amp, correct? And you want more gain to play metal with it, correct?

Then get an overdrive pedal, like an Ibanez Tube Screamer or if you're on a budget a Bad Monkey and use the pedal to boost the amp into metal territory.

And maybe invest in a high gain amp instead of a pedal. I'll benifit you in the long run.
For the record, I don't play much metal at all.

Yes my amp is a tube amp.

I've heard the Bad Monkey is more of a blues pedal and not so much a rock pedal. Maybe that's false ,but my amp can already produce a killer blues sound.

I just looked at a Blackstar HT-DISTX High Gain Distortion and from the description it sounds like what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any experience with these?
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Aug 20, 2009,