Hello everyone. I've been playing for a couple months now, and I'm not really seeing much improvement in the last few weeks of playing. I'm wondering, specifically, what I should practice to improve my speed and fingering technique.
Any help is appreciated! :]
as long as you have a goal keep working at it. theres a point in every guitatists career where his learning has come to a hump, just keep going. it happens to everyone.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
For left hand technique you need to practice trills. This will strengthen your hand significantly... Here is a video that will explain what that is in greater detail..... but basically you do hammer ons and pull offs with different finger combinations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQkwzbqcaw (there are 7 parts, don't worry he's pretty entertaining actually).

What I do for right hand technique is get a metronome, set it to like 76 bpm and play 4 notes per beat... once it's tight and in time just keep increasing the bpm.

Also look up scale patterns on the internet and practice those with a metronome.

These are the basic motions that are used in lead guitar..... IDK if you have a teacher or not but if you don't just search for guitar lessons on the internet and youtube. You will find a lot of bad ones but the few that are good are very helpful.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.