So I have a punk band I sing and play guitar for. We need a 3 or 4 song set list based on the songs we know. What songs out of these should we play?

The Gold Song-Bouncing Souls
Los Angeles is Burning-Bad Religion
Amoeba-The Adolescents
Dont Drag Me Down-Social Distortion
Come Out and Play-The Offspring
Knowledge-Operation Ivy
Turncoat-Anti Flag
Gang Control-Leftover Crack
Where are you playing? Whats the audience? If its a Punk Crowd, go with your four best, and be objective. If its a bar, or obscure crowd, pick the four most commonly known
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
knowledge, gang control, amoeba, turncoat. you would be my favorite band if i went to your high school
no one at my school could even give a correct def. of what punk is. they all listen to screamo and that ****
ya thats basically me to man. me and a few of my friends are into punk but most people like screamo, but im pretty sure thats what most teenagers like these days sadly
You two must be kidding. The punk scene is actually large everywhere. Just because most people "at your school" listen to hardcore music doesn't make punk very distinctive.

My partner in my old agricultural science class looked "hick" or "redneck". He loved David Bowie, The Stooges, and Social Distortion.

People might like punk music, they just won't show it.

Anyways...

I would say "Don't Drag Me Down", "Come Out And Play", and "Los Angeles Is Burning" would be the most recognisable three. If you are doing covers at a high school, always do the most known. For the final song you guys should just play your favorite.

Good luck.
Quote by JacobTheMe
You two must be kidding. The punk scene is actually large everywhere. Just because most people "at your school" listen to hardcore music doesn't make punk very distinctive.

My partner in my old agricultural science class looked "hick" or "redneck". He loved David Bowie, The Stooges, and Social Distortion.

People might like punk music, they just won't show it.

Anyways...

I would say "Don't Drag Me Down", "Come Out And Play", and "Los Angeles Is Burning" would be the most recognisable three. If you are doing covers at a high school, always do the most known. For the final song you guys should just play your favorite.

Good luck.

i wouldn't be so sure about the punk scene being large everywhere.......
most people like screamo, but im pretty sure thats what most teenagers like these days sadly

At least around me this is wrong, I know one person that likes screamo and tons don't.
OT: Just play your best songs at a school
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
IWhat he said.. and then some
Seeing as TS is banned (no, not by me), I'm going to lock this in the interest of diverting attention to the re-named sticky "Setlists and Order of Performance" at the top of this forum.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.