Poll: Should I?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I?
Use it
18 86%
Don't use it
3 14%
Voters: 21.
Have you used it, if you have, would you use it again? I'm thinking about going from NY to Chicago with it, then to Rockford on bus.
its not bad, i take it a few times a year to go from nyc to RI...kinda nice they have alittle food area where you can sit(much better then the regular seats) the food sucks but its nice seating place

edit: if you wanna prove how tough you really are take greyhound bus and sit near the bathroom the whole trip...and breathe through your nose
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Last edited by silent caution at Aug 20, 2009,
I've taken it a few times. Only on an hour long trip though. It can be pretty expensive over long distances.

The trains are nice enough. The seats are pretty comfortable, which is probably one of the most important things since you are taking a long trip.
Quote by daytripper75
I've taken it a few times. Only on an hour long trip though. It can be pretty expensive over long distances.

The trains are nice enough. The seats are pretty comfortable, which is probably one of the most important things since you are taking a long trip.
Yeah I was wondering that cause I have to sleep in my seat. I hope they're good.
Yeah I'm not sure how great it would be for a long trip, but from my experience it isn't bad on short trips.
I was on a five hour long trip once and it really wasn't that bad at all. Me being the dumbass I was almost got on the wrong train, but that really isn't a complaint with Amtrak...

But yeah, DO IT
I've taken the Amtrak probably 15 times, same 2 hour route. The seats are nice and comfortable, they have power outlets to plug laptops, dvd players, and anything else you'd like. This 2 hour route I'd take was as low as 14 bucks one way if you ordered atleast 3 days ahead of time, which wasn't bad.
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com
It looks like you can get a one way ticket for around $100. That isn't too bad. You are looking at a close to 20 hour trip though.

No matter what a 20 hour train ride is probably going to suck.
I ordered them. Thanks. This could be the first time the pit actually helped me.

Edit: Yeah the trip is gonna suck a lot, but I'm scared ****less of flying.

?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by ToughGuy123
I ordered them. Thanks. This could be the first time the pit actually helped me.

Edit: Yeah the trip is gonna suck a lot, but I'm scared ****less of flying.

Well just take a laptop or something like that and maybe a few dvds. Since each seat has an electrical outlet you could watch some movies to pass the time.
Quote by daytripper75

Well just take a laptop or something like that and maybe a few dvds. Since each seat has an electrical outlet you could watch some movies to pass the time.
Yeah, I'll probably just do that. I'll watch Memento a bunch of times or something.
I once went on like a 20 hour trip on the train, it wasnt that bad.

They are late somtimes though because they have to stop to let other trains go by.
I don't live in America, but there are loads of trains in Europe.

1 thing I like about trains, is the sensations of really travelling.

You see all the landscapes go by changing and stuff.

A plane is cool, but it's like you go up, then you are in the sky, and then you land and are somewhere else.

Though flying can be very nice, especially when the sun sets/rises; The clouds look surreal, and the view is so clear, but not all planes go above the clouds I think.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??